Another Mast Raising Idea

Here you can discuss Chrysler Sailing across all makes of Chrysler sailboats.
Chrysler20%26

Another Mast Raising Idea

Post by Chrysler20%26 »

On my C-20, manul say, just push it up. I am 61 ben retired 10 years, an a solow every think. Just pushing it up is not going to work. :idea: The forward shroud is left of when raising the mast. What I have doen, Made a A fram. A 10' 3/4 conduit, an 1/2 PBC pipe. Cut the PBC 4" long an drove it in the conduit 3". Driled a hole for a 1/4 bolt 4"up. I have the turnbuckel in plase, with the cabal removed. The Turnbuckel is inserted in to the PBC an bolted in plase, now turn the conduit four a snuge fit. On the other end of the conduit I used a 1 by two angel, 4' long. Driled holes in angel an conduit for 1/4 boat's. Driled a hole in the center of the angle, to atch a polly. This is lite an easy to handal. To rais it, I tyed two 1/2" line's to the angel roning for&aft. A fram is now standing, next ron line thro polly an down to mast @ center. Other end of line, run it as you would for your jib. Now I can indo the mast to the step,with ease an ceeping the line @ cinter on the mast, an just siting by the winch an turing the handel on the winch. the mast goes up with ease.
Last edited by Chrysler20%26 on Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EmergencyExit
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by EmergencyExit »

Another good way there, thanks !
NYCSAILOR

Post by NYCSAILOR »

Since I am stuck doing everything solo myaself as well....I would love a picture or drawing of this A frame as I had a little trouble following all the bits and pieces and I really thing this system would help a solo guy
Chrysler20%26

Post by Chrysler20%26 »

For now, let me just call this a idea steal in the makeing. OK the mast is up, for the first time. Don't have the boat in the water but it is by the ramp. Moving the mast to the step, the last 3' is hard to get. Got to work on some typ of suport, with a good roller. But once the mast was on the step it went up easy. Idea steal in the makeing, I don't wont to keep the boat in the water. I need a plan, gool is to have an easey way to handal the mast stepping.
Last edited by Chrysler20%26 on Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
NYCSAILOR

Post by NYCSAILOR »

"Idea steal in the making" ?????????????????