C13 Pirateer

Post your sail topics here
kaitiger2

C13 Pirateer

Post by kaitiger2 »

I am in the process of purchasing a C13 Pirateer. (I think that is what it is - I can't find any specific markings other than "Chrysler" but it looks very much like some of the photos you have posted on this site - thank you for that!).

The boat in question has no sails with it (according to seller mice had gotten into the storage area and into the the sail bag). I need help in locating used sails or recommendations for a quality (but reasonably priced) sail making resource/business.

Help!! Any other helpful hints or information on rigging or anything related to a C-13 would be awesome at well.

I have limited experience sailing (grew up experiencing a few sailing trips on 23 to 32 foot Tanzers, Odays, etc.. and have owned and sailed a pair of mini- sunfish on a small inland lake in Michigan. I live on Lake Huron (thumb on Michigan) and plan on sailing the C13 along the coastal waters on Saginaw Bay/Lake Huron.

Thanks for any insights and information!
Last edited by kaitiger2 on Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
EmergencyExit
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by EmergencyExit »

Welcome aboard ! As far as the rigging part goes (and assuming you haven't already) look under the main page www.chryslersailors.com then 'Documentation' for a bit of info.
kaitiger2

Pirateer not privateer

Post by kaitiger2 »

Oops! :oops:
kaitiger2

Finding sails

Post by kaitiger2 »

Thanks for the welcome. Do you have any ideas about finding sails for this boat? (either used or new)......a good sail making resources that you've used before that is quality but reasonably priced?

Thanks!