Honey, I saw this auction on the way home!

Here you can discuss Chrysler Sailing across all makes of Chrysler sailboats.
909Groomer

Honey, I saw this auction on the way home!

Post by 909Groomer »

I have finally gone sail after years of powerboats.
I have been wanting a sail for some time. I came across a c22 tapped it out with my trusty screw driver and for $1800 shes in the yard. She has no name and has sat in storage for some time. (6yrs to my knowledge) I have had for 2 days now and after getting into the bowels of this boat just looking. Ok if I'm right she looks fairly right for 39 yr old.
Sails 4bags gotta lay them out.? Wood is clean seats are vinyl and clean
Rigging looks clean. Mast is still down. I have some questions there. I have a a frame on bow. ??? Mast suport??? Pics I need to load pics.
I look forward to getting into this and then to sail her. I live in southern Cal. [/list]
CaptainScott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CaptainScott »

Welcome aboard 909Groomer!

Congrats on buying a great boat! The C22 is a wonderful and capable sailor!
Fist step for you is to check the documents page in my signature! You will find an abundance of C22 information there! We freely share and you are welcome to download whatever you like!

All our documents have been donated by owners to share with others!
That will give you a great start on how you C22 came from the factory!

Again, welcome!
Scott
EmergencyExit
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by EmergencyExit »

Sweet ! And welcome aboard !
Reality

Post by Reality »

any wood A-frames are typically for mast support during transport/storage.
astrorad

Post by astrorad »

Welcome aboard 909...Most of my repair videos are linked on the forum home page under the Gallery heading. http://chryslersailors.com/
There are probably a few more on my YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/user/astrorad2000/playlists Just select the playlist for C22 Refit. Any questions are welcome...just use the instant message function. I also have Skype if you need to voice and video chat about the boat.
Bill
NYCSAILOR

Post by NYCSAILOR »

Welcome aboard......share the passion and go sailing this summer....don't wait...perfection is the enemy of good....
C-26, Fixed Keel # 343
909Groomer

Post by 909Groomer »

Thank you all,
I live in cal, trying to get the boat out this week, looking at 70 degrees this week. Maybe just a float.
CaptainScott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CaptainScott »

Just a float is not a bad idea!
One of my babies was so rough when I bought her that I took her to the marina and off the trailer! Just to let her sit for a couple of hours at the dock!

Got some strange looks from fishermen that day when I launched her with the mast still on deck and not stepped! LOL!

Scott
909Groomer

Post by 909Groomer »

Thank you all,
I do have some questions, please tell me more about the boat I have bought.
There is quite the following. With all do respect, why? The boat feels very strong got that in my float. I have been researching them on line and feel confident in my buy.
Shout outs: Bill love the videos. Forum thank you for all the knowledge. Now for my ?'s Stepping mast whats the best way to single hand that thing up?
We have keel pin rust to. It's late and can't think right now. I look through fourm and getting most questions answered that way.
909Groomer

Post by 909Groomer »

Thank you all,
There is quite the following. With all do respect, why? The boat feels very strong got that in my float. I have been researching them on line and feel confident in my buy.
Shout outs: Bill love the videos. Forum thank you for all the knowledge. Now for my ?'s Stepping mast whats the best way to single hand that thing up?
We have keel pin rust to. It's late and can't think right now. I look through fourm and getting most questions answered that way.
909Groomer

Post by 909Groomer »

Thank you all,
909Groomer

Post by 909Groomer »

Thank you all,
909Groomer

Post by 909Groomer »

Thank you all,
astrorad

Post by astrorad »

Thanx for the compliment 909...get some sleep...lol
Bill