navigation lights mounted in hull

Here you can discuss Chrysler Sailing across all makes of Chrysler sailboats.
Ryan

navigation lights mounted in hull

Post by Ryan »

has anyone ever thought about mounting red/green nav lights in hull near bow? mounted a bow roller and had to remove deck mounted light. looking for ideas on where to remount lights...thanks
CaptainScott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CaptainScott »

Hi Ryan,

There are several types of lights out there that are in hull mounted. Most looks pretty straight forward and your wiring is right there.

However given your location you run the risk of fairly rough weather. The in hull light have been known to fail leaving holes in your bow.

The straights are tough on our bigger boat at times let alone the 22's!
However if your sailing habits are fair weather and nice days, the bow mounted lights are great! Just be sure to get off shore rated lights.

An alternative might be to look at pulpit mounted lights! I recently replaced my pulpit lights with LEDs, they look and work great!

Scott
EmergencyExit
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by EmergencyExit »

Since the 79 C26's have an anchor locker taking up that space like your roller, they have two bow navs, one each side.

The Perko chrome dome type, mounted on a bit of teak to get them above the toe rail..
clair hofmann

Post by clair hofmann »

X2 on Scott's rail mount lights. I have SS plates cut ready to be tigged onto the rail. When I get to that point that's where they're going.
Clair