Just Returned from An Epic Adventure to The San Juan Islands

Here you can discuss Chrysler Sailing across all makes of Chrysler sailboats.
Coreth

Just Returned from An Epic Adventure to The San Juan Islands

Post by Coreth »

Hey there guys and gals! Its been a while since I last posted in here, as I've been too busy sailing :) That IS what its about, right?! My wife, Reth, and I sailed from Olympia(WA) to Orcas Island up in the San Juans, and back. The Tigon was a champ, thanks to my extensive restoration over the past 2 years. The new addition, The Dinghy "Lingh", was a very trustworthy sidekick as well :) When you all have some time, please check out our sailing blog @

www.coreth.blogspot.com

The blog starts at Day 1 of ownership, through restoration(in detail), and then the San Juan trip. As I type this message, I'm currently on Day 5 of our 10 day adventure. Enjoy & please please leave comments amd/or questions :)
Best Wishes,

Corey
The Tigon - 1977 C22
Blog: SailingPugetSound.net
EmergencyExit
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by EmergencyExit »

Enjoying the blog ! The redhead will appreciate the Port Townsend pics since she spent some of her youth there when her dad was USCG in that area !
Coreth

Post by Coreth »

Glad to hear it E.E. Its an adventure all over again as I share it with friends. I'll make sure to add some more P.T. pics to those posts, for the redhead ;)
Best Wishes,

Corey
The Tigon - 1977 C22
DVD

Great Trip

Post by DVD »

Thank you for sharing the beautiful scenery and story telling. A whole different world then we have down here in Florida. :lol:
DVD
"Da Boat" '76 Chrysler 22
EmergencyExit
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by EmergencyExit »

Coreth wrote:Glad to hear it E.E. Its an adventure all over again as I share it with friends. I'll make sure to add some more P.T. pics to those posts, for the redhead ;)
Her younger brother was born there, she was around 10 when they moved from PT to Anacortes (where her Dad worked a buoy tender in the San Juans area), then to Astoria...small world...
Bhacurly
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Bhacurly »

Nice!

Can't wait to get over there an sail them ourselves. Haven't had time to read the full blog yet but getting there!

Billy
CaptainScott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CaptainScott »

Congrats Corey! Sounds like you got her splashed and had a grand time!
The San Juans are a great place to be! Don't be afraid to take her to the Gulf Islands either! Just fallow the basic rules of crossing the border, check in, and it is easy!

Scott
KenO

Chrysler sailfest

Post by KenO »

Would be great to have the opportunity to meet up with other Chrysler boaters next year either in the San Juans or the Gulf Islands. I plan on being there in June 2015. How about it? Seems that there are more than a few in the area.
Ken
Fair Winds and smooth seas.
Coreth

Post by Coreth »

I'm thrilled everyone is enjoying the pictures and the stories. More to come, as I've only completed thru day 8 thus far. I''m definitely down for some kind of a rendezvous with other Chrysler sailors, especially if its in the San Juans :)
Best Wishes,

Corey
The Tigon - 1977 C22