adding storage compartment in pirateer?

Special area for the smaller Chryslers - Musketeer, Buccaneer, Mutineer, Man O' War, Pirateer, Daggers, etc.
matt13moto

adding storage compartment in pirateer?

Post by matt13moto »

Hello I just picked up a pirateer seems like a nice little boat, but lacks a small compartment....Has anyone on this forum cut one in? my thoughts would be either bow or in the seats on each side. I'm not sure if there is foam in the void in the bow or not. Also slightly worried about structurally compromising that area near the mast. let me know what you think. thanks
C-13 Pirateer
jollycorsair

Post by jollycorsair »

I'd like to see what solutions you come up with, I'd like to add a stereo to mine.
76 Pirateer
Carpenter Dan

Post by Carpenter Dan »

Hello guys!
When I was looking at buying my Pirateer I saw a post (photos) from a guy that was repairing one that he had. There is a wood support directly below the mast step - so do not cut there. He cut in two access ports on either side of of centerline to replace the support. Sorry but I can't find the link to his photos anymore (it's hell getting old!). The access port are available from West Marine. I installed one on my boat to replace the access on the inside of the transom. The original one was missing and the previous owner had installed a Mickey Mouse/Home Depot substitute. I had to enlarge the hole slightly with a jig saw, but they work great!
I'm not sure if there is foam under the seats, but I think if you remove the transom access cover and use a flashlight and a small mirror you'll be able to see (Hmm, I may have to do that myself just so I know).
Sails are just like wings. The wind can make them sing. Songs if life. Songs of hope. Songs to keep your dreams afloat. - Jimmy Buffett/Alan Jackson.
77 Pirateer
Las Vegas, NV