New member with questions

Here you can discuss Chrysler Sailing across all makes of Chrysler sailboats.
okchance

New member with questions

Post by okchance »

Hi, new to forum. I've got a 77 C-22. Curious how to mount vhf antenna to mast without being in the way of sails and rigging. Also how would you attach to antenna cable down the mast. Also if there is anyway to mount an antenna plus a Windex 10 vane. Several other questions, but I'll try and space them out amongst messages to avoid clutter. Thanks for any responses.
EmergencyExit
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by EmergencyExit »

Welcome aboard ! You can attach antenna, windex, other items as simply as adding an L bracket to one side of mast at top. Or adding a flat bar fore and aft across the masthead. Antenna cable can be routed inside of mast thru hole at top and bottom.

Several users have done a variety of such here on the board, they can chime in on links to their pics and such.
okchance

Thanks for the reply...

Post by okchance »

I was looking at a combination windex/3 foot antenna, would you have to pull the bottom plate (not sure of the terminology) out of the mast in order to thread it through? The plate is riveted in and the hole is rather small.
1977 C-22 S/V Bailout
1962 Pearson Triton Tramp
EmergencyExit
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by EmergencyExit »

No sure about the C22, but the C26 masthead is attached with screws/bolts. If you had to get enough room to run cable that would be the end to remove..
okchance

Post by okchance »

Many thanks!
1977 C-22 S/V Bailout
1962 Pearson Triton Tramp