Chrysler 22 - Deck Hardware Question

Here you can discuss Chrysler Sailing across all makes of Chrysler sailboats.
Sea_Green

Chrysler 22 - Deck Hardware Question

Post by Sea_Green »

Howdy fellow Chrysler aficionados!

I acquired my first 1975 Chrysler 22 and have been sailing and refurbishing it on Lake Pontchartrain in New Orleans, Louisiana since late 2013. Everything is going well with the refurbishment process except for my most recent dead end...

I didn't notice when purchasing it from two gentlemen sailing it down the Mississippi River, BUT the rear lifeline tubing is missing. I'm not sure of the exact terminology for this hardware, but I know its associated with the lifeline rigging. No idea why one would remove this hardware except for it being in the way of pull cranking the motor or entering/exiting the vessel. Currently, I'm searching for an old Chrysler that someone is parting out, but nothing has turned up.

Much Appreciated.
astrorad

Post by astrorad »

Hi Sea Green...the aft pushpit was an option and some of the C22s don't have them installed...you will need the pushpit tubing and the associated connecting hardware, joint connections and deck connections (stanchion bases) to do the job...from your picture you appear to have the boat that did not have this option when ordered.

There are four stanchion bases that connect the pushpit to the deck...two standard 90 degree upright connectors and two 45 degree angled aft for the sides. In addition there are two tee type connectors for the aft sections of tubing and two angled connectors for the side ends of tubing going forward.
Bill
CaptainScott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CaptainScott »

Welcome aboard Sea_Green!

Glad to have ya here!

What Bill said above!!

Scott
Sea_Green

Post by Sea_Green »

Thanks for the prompt responses Bill and Scott! Do either of you know of a good resource for pushpit assemblies? I've begun my research this morning, so I'll post up anything useful that I come across. My boat has holes from where previous owners removed the stanchion bases and it was rough patch job. :(
Capt. Bondo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Capt. Bondo »

Welcome Sea_Green
Personally I don't really miss not having pushpit railing. I think it makes it a lot easer to get up the stern ladder when swimming off the boat with out it, and with the back stays on the stern you have some hand holds if needed.
However if you plan on stepping your mast for trailering the pushpit or a mast yoke/support is good to have to support the mast at the stern.
H:)ppy Place
78 Chrysler 22

You can go to a Zen Master or you can go Sailing, either way you end up in about the same place..... a Happy Place
Sea_Green

Post by Sea_Green »

Thanks Capt Bondo! The mask yoke seems like a great option. Your photo bucket album is very helpful. Beautiful boat!
EmergencyExit
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by EmergencyExit »

Welcome aboard, always good to hear from a nearby Chrysler ! EE came to us from up Bonfouca on the Northshore in 2003.

There's a great resale place in Gulfport, MS that always has odds and ends, Marine Supply on Hwy 49. Here's their FB page

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Marine-S ... 0619284337

Who Dat !

EE