1st time out this year

Here you can discuss Chrysler Sailing across all makes of Chrysler sailboats.
Kevin Dreher

1st time out this year

Post by Kevin Dreher »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Dra3DpEg9U

Took the boat out for the first time this year.....spent saturday night in the boat which was nice and my first solo sail sunday morning. Picked my parents up and sailed for a few hours sunday. Here is a video of a downwind run with a reefed main sail.....moving a nice 5 to 6 mph.
get n lost
OutnBacker

Post by OutnBacker »

Nice. I'm hoping to get out this weekend for the first sail of the season. Maybe moor up at the guest dock for two days. Weather will be spotty, but I cant stand it anymore. If it's miserable, I'll just hang out on/in the boat.
CaptainScott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CaptainScott »

Hey~
Kewl video!

Glad you made it out!!

Mr OutnBacker sir!

You will see me Sunday Cruizin' Colby! I'll be in the ole' red two door beatup econobox!

Either Saturday or Monday I will take Lady Jo to her summer storage there at the launch! Maybe I'll see ya out there!

Scott
OutnBacker

Post by OutnBacker »

I might put 'er in saturday unless it's raining to much for my sugar-coated butt. If you see some poor, clumsy fat guy tripping over a mess-o-ropes with the mast stuck half-way up, it'll likely be me. Feel free to stop by and heckle. More than likely it'll be sunday, if the weather schedulers are accurate.

This will be my first sleep-aboard as well. I get to try out your nifty 110 plug.

John
astrorad

Post by astrorad »

nice video Kevin....thanx for posting.
Bill
OutnBacker

Post by OutnBacker »

Launching tomorrow morning. Weather calls for fair conditions but little wind. Nothing new in the latter dept for the Puget Sound area. But, I'm so desperate to finally get out that I'll bob around all day if I have to, and maybe fire up the OB to chase down the occasional puff, over there a mile or so... They are like a desert mirage to a man dying of thirst: you get there and they're gone.

Sunday calls for better wind but 60% chance of rain. Oh well, I figure I might be able to dodge or outrun the showers as long as they are right about the wind. Sounds like a Big Jib weekend.

Videos to follow...
OutnBacker

Post by OutnBacker »

http://s1125.photobucket.com/user/OutnB ... 9.mp4.html

A short video of today's sailing on Port Gardner Bay off Everett, WA. I visited with Capt. Scott as I was arriving at the ramp, just as he was leaving after breaking down his C-22.

The conditions were better than I had hoped for with winds light but steady at about 5 to 6mph. Not much, but constant at least. In the vid, I mentioned getting tired of poking along at 3.2, so I slid the bolt rope free of the boom and sailed loose footed. It made alot of difference in speed with the light airs. I suppose I could have wrestled up the genoa, rather than the working jib, but my back was killing me.

I left the boat at the Guest Dock for the night and will be sailing tomorrow with a friend. Conditions are predicted to be windier, but it could be wet as well. With a crewman aboard, I'll try to shoot some video that is more interesting.
Kevin Dreher

Post by Kevin Dreher »

Nice video.....boat looks good....hoping to get home soon
get n lost