ANG

Here you can discuss Chrysler Sailing across all makes of Chrysler sailboats.
boaternoob

ANG

Post by boaternoob »

Hi. I'm another new guy who just bought a '76 C-22. Got it for a good price with a 6hp long shaft Johnson even though the trailer is in bad shape. And I hate Chrysler moco! By far the worst pos on the road. They look up at the Yugo! And our government used our money to keep em from goin out of business!
But anyway.....badly rusted- in Arizona! I suspect it has been dipped in the ocean in its past life lol. And put away wet without flushing.
To the point: I wonder about the seating area on the starboard side. At the forward end there is a hatch which reveals a thruhull. But the remainder aft of that is no access. I wonder if I can cut another hatch to allow use for storage etc. I don't have the sliding galley option and I'm thinking of mounting a fiddled shelf above the forward 3 or 4 feet to use for galley type stuff.
astrorad

Post by astrorad »

the remainder aft is full of foam floatation...some have cut it open and removed it.
Bill
boaternoob

Post by boaternoob »

Foam flotation? Wow I thought that 750 lb steel keel made it too heavy to keep afloat in the event of disaster. Hmmmm.......
All the other areas I have looked at are open to storage. Will that small amount of flotation really make a difference?
mcrandall
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by mcrandall »

A difference? Sure does! Mine was chock full of water and made the boat list so far to starboard...well, it's all out of there now.
Mark
http://s1213.photobucket.com/albums/cc4 ... ew%20C-22/
1975 C-22 currently named Stardust (soon to be "Angela Marie")