depth sounder needs a fuse

Here you can discuss Chrysler Sailing across all makes of Chrysler sailboats.
boaty

depth sounder needs a fuse

Post by boaty »

Hi every one, I have recently bought a 1977 c26 and I love it. The poor thing sat for 13 years because the previous owner was unable to use it do to health problems. After some intense cleaning, and resealing the boat is looking good, and my wife and I just spent the weekend on the boat on Muskegon lake in Michigan.
Our boat is equipped with a datamarine s-200-d2 depth sounder. Unfortunately the inline fuse holder for the depth sounder has completely disintigrated and the fuse is nowhere in sight. So, dose anyone know what size fuse it requires?

thanks
Boaty
CaptainScott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CaptainScott »

Welcom aboard boaty!
Glad to have ya here!

Your fuse requirements are a "3AG-1" 1 amper fuse for that depth finder.
Here is a link to the original manual for future reference!

Scott

Copy and paste this into your browser. You'll need the whole line, not just the link part!

http://l-36.com/read_pdf.php?file=manua ... Datamarine S200DL'
mcrandall
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by mcrandall »

Hey Boaty!

Welcome aboard! So cool to see a fellow so nearby!

I do the electronic stuff for Torresen's on Muskegon Lake.

Shoot me a PM about where you slip.

Cheers!

Mark
Mark
http://s1213.photobucket.com/albums/cc4 ... ew%20C-22/
1975 C-22 currently named Stardust (soon to be "Angela Marie")
boaty

Post by boaty »

Thanks again for the input on the fuse I needed. Unfortunately the depth sounder appears to be bad now that it has power. When I turn the unit on part of one number flashes on then goes out and one light stays on of to the left side of the display. It was interesting to see the picture of the display on the manual because the display screen on my unit is just black and the markings are all faded to the point where you have to be vary close to see them. My conclusion is that it is time fore a new depth sounder. I wonder though if the transducer is any good, and if it will work on any unit other than the datamarine.
Boaty
mcrandall
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by mcrandall »

Nope, you will need a new transducer for the new gauge. Datamarine is ancient in the boat electronics world. They've been out of business for a number of years, but there is a small servicing company that bought up all the spare parts and does some repair/replacement. But why? Unless you just gotta have the retro look!
Mark
http://s1213.photobucket.com/albums/cc4 ... ew%20C-22/
1975 C-22 currently named Stardust (soon to be "Angela Marie")