The weather . . . . . .

Here you can discuss Chrysler Sailing across all makes of Chrysler sailboats.
CaptainScott
Site Admin
Site Admin

The weather . . . . . .

Post by CaptainScott »

Well,
Today a friend showed up at 7:30 AM. We headed out in light wind and no rain. We were out for no more than 15 minutes when we had to stop to put on our rain gear. Soon there after the wind was blowing a steady 30 with gusts to 45 plus a small monsoon of rain. A couple of hours later and including a brunch we arrived in Anacortes where we took a break and walked around town. Weather was predicted to get worse. While in town the rain dropped hard and the wind blew even harder so we decided to bag it and go home. Enough. We surrender the first day of fall to Mother Nature. More time in heavy rain and winds now gusting to 50 found us arriving in Everett wet, tired and ready to be home. My friend headed off and I rolled my Harley into my garage. One heck of a ride. It was wild. Thank God I'm a sailor and am used to this treatment!

Scott
OutnBacker

Post by OutnBacker »

I have lived here my entire life and have never gotten used to it. If it weren't for the C-22 project, I would be found over in the corner of my shop where the 1974 stereo and tapes are, listening to Led Zeppelin I & II, while lying on the floor in the fetal position.
EmergencyExit
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by EmergencyExit »

OutnBacker wrote: listening to Led Zeppelin I & II, while lying on the floor in the fetal position.
Which is probably how they were recorded too. My youngest daughter's (20) prize possession is a vinyl copy of II..
OutnBacker

Post by OutnBacker »

Poor child. I think I still have a Bic lighter around from back in the day...

And speaking of how they recorded their stuff, it must have been an horrific experience for the studio manager. The two very early times I saw Zep live at the Seattle Center Coliseum (now called something else), they totally sucked, although there were lots of those who thought they were fantastic. They were the ones in the fetal position.

Jimi Page was drunk and not only out of tune but off time as well. He stumbled around the stage bumping into things (like the drum set), and chopped up every solo that I paid to see live. Robert plant was also drunk, and his voice was completely ripped by the time they got to Seattle. Just gone. But the girls didn't care.

John Bonham was probably drunk, too, but playing the drums is primal and visceral ( I know, I played for years) and can be done in a near comatose condition, especially while in a seated position. He was perfect. John Paul Jones was the best musician in the band and was in total control the whole time. IMO, one of the finest bassists ever.
boaty

wether woes

Post by boaty »

I can't comment to much on Zeplin other than to say I don't change the channel when there music comes on. Speaking of the weather though, My wife and I took our new to us 77 c26 out this weekend on Muskegon lake in Michigan and out on lake Michigan. On Muskegon lake, being inland the waves were minimal even with a 20+ mph wind, but on lake Michigan there were small craft advisory and 4' to 6' waves. It was over cast all week end and we had some rain but not much.... Oh but the waves and the slate blue water under the over cast sky, the rise of the bow and the spray in the air. A fresh north westerly wind, they haunt me.
Given the circumstances i.e. small craft advisory and that this was the first time we had actually sailed our new to us boat we opted to stay in Muskegon lake and we had a good time cold rain and all.

boaty

p.s. At what size is a boat no longer considered a small craft?