C22 First Trailer Launch Tips Please

Here you can discuss Chrysler Sailing across all makes of Chrysler sailboats.
DVD

C22 First Trailer Launch Tips Please

Post by DVD »

As I get close to my first launch here in Sarasota FL since procurring my '76, now formally named "Da Boat", I would like to welcome advice photos, and tips to the process. I have a stock Chrysler trailor that has rusted to what may be it's final voyage so this may be a one shot deal. Even the trailer winch cable was so rusted it took an hour of rust release to free it up and I don't know that it will handle a return of the boat.
:roll:

Thanks! DVD
timlabute

Post by timlabute »

Advice: Hook a safety chain from the boat to the trailer - don't trust the winch or cable going down the ramp. Also, slow and steady.

Bring lot's of friends - take pics for us! :)
Alanhod
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Alanhod »

Hmmm, I always pick up the phone and dial Captain Scott. Privilege of only living a few miles away from him. Hmmmm again, privilege for me, now that I think about it. :shock:

Insurance would be a good thing. Something for trailer coverage should you have any unforeseen towing needs or such. Maybe a chase vehicle watching you six in traffic.

Thanks
Alan
It's a good life on the
Honu, 1976 C-22
My Chrysler Sailing Photos: http://s1297.beta.photobucket.com/user/ ... ry/Sailing
2nd generation

Post by 2nd generation »

If you need to use the tounge extension I found it helpfull to have chocks for the trailer tires.
Mike
(former owner of) 1975 C-22 "Mel-O"
CaptainScott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CaptainScott »

Bring a ladder so you can board your own boat! LOL!
Strap the rudder up so it does nt fall while backing down but remember to unstrap it before dipping the last bit! LOL!

Wheel chok your tow rig while the boat is being taken off the trailer or put on. Don't believe me? go to youtube! LOL!

In fact maybe spend a few hours watching youtube vidoes on "Boat Launch mishaps" you'll learn more there! So much it'll scare ya!

Scott
adamh

Post by adamh »

Advice: Don't let the Admiral back Da boat down the ramp!

Oops! Did I just say that out loud? :oops:
Adam

1978 C-26 s/v "Alpha"
cs3079
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cs3079 »

Make sure all your stays and lines are clear. Tape or tie down your main and jib halyard shackles to your mast too before they fly to the top and out of reach as you're raising the mast. I had to raise mine three times before I figured it out on my first C-20 setup.:shock: A three hour record (incl breaks).
Hmmm, I always pick up the phone and dial Captain Scott
Reminds me of #1 on my launch list...TAKE YOUR CELL PHONE OUT OF YOUR POCKET BEFORE jumping in the water as you launch your boat (I've drowned countless cell phones over the years) Wifey doesn't even say anything about it anymore, it's expected :roll:
Bruce
Chry Wndw Shopping/'69 Newport H-20
Poupon Me!
Ray Twp., MI
Pics: http://www.flickr.com/photos/65343255@N06/
Vids: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL60647F9C03EAE28A

I want a boat that drinks 6, eats 4, and sleeps 2.
- Earnest K. Gann