Hide the winch - C22

Here you can discuss Chrysler Sailing across all makes of Chrysler sailboats.
timlabute

Hide the winch - C22

Post by timlabute »

Hey guys, Tim here.

I have some left over marine vinyl from another project, and was planning on using it to re-cover those backrest, shelf fiddle, board things on either side of the companion way inside the cabin. I do not like the current color and thought they could use to be refinished.

I just had the thought that maybe I could make a new panel, and connect it in the middle to hide the winch a little bit. It would be high enough so as not to interfere with winch operation... what do you think? Excuse my crude drawing :)

Before:

After:

Alanhod
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Alanhod »

Hmm, I must say I like the idea. However I'm thinking of a time I was in rough water and needed to bring the keel up. I was getting bounced around a little and I think that that would have been in my way and caused some additional bruising on top of what I was already getting at the time.

Now if it was hinged and could be flipped up out of the way. That would be cool! Or maybe slide left or right out of the way. Or removable with pins or something.

Just idea's here, like I said I like the idea and look forward to your completed project.

Thanks
Alan
It's a good life on the
Honu, 1976 C-22
My Chrysler Sailing Photos: http://s1297.beta.photobucket.com/user/ ... ry/Sailing
EmergencyExit
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by EmergencyExit »

Certainly makes less chance of getting a finger stuck in the winch during use ! Be safer that way I bet
timlabute

Post by timlabute »

Thanks for the thoughts! I am going to do it as one of my early projects this spring. I will take lots of pics for you guys.

On the hinged subject... I will see what kind of room I have and explore that option :)