Vertical lift motor mount

Here you can discuss Chrysler Sailing across all makes of Chrysler sailboats.
sauerleigh

Vertical lift motor mount

Post by sauerleigh »

I finally got around doing a trial fit of the new vertical lifting motor mount I made. The motor carrier is 1" sq X .100" tube with .057" sheet sides. The sliding tubes are 1" dia. X .100" wall tube and all the mounting plates are 1/4" plate. There are Delrin bushings in the carrier. I plan to fill in the opening where the old mount fastened to the transom. I plan to use a small ( HF ) 12volt winch to raise and lower the motor. More details to follow. A few more photos http://www.flickr.com/photos/93952888@N00/
1978 Chrysler 26 "Maudie Kay"
1984 Catalina 25 "REDUX" (rebuild)
It's better late than never
Bhacurly
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Bhacurly »

Nice!

I've laid awake thinking along similar lines for my project boat. Great minds thinking alike??

I was thinking a pulley system to raise and lower tho... Remote start and gear shift, and a steering system also. It would be a ways over the transom to reach when in the water.

At the rate I going it wont be till next year. Looking forward to seeing more picts, your final system and any feedback!

Thanks for sharing and nice work!
Chrysler20%26

Post by Chrysler20%26 »

U S Patten Pending I Hope; That does look good, an a lot of boaters would like one. Good ideas can pay big.
astrorad

Post by astrorad »

what a great idea...looking forward to seeing final result also...
Bill