It's good to be back...

Here you can discuss Chrysler Sailing across all makes of Chrysler sailboats.
Christian

It's good to be back...

Post by Christian »

After a 7 year hiatus, I have the passion rekindled to get my 22 back on the water. I bought her back in 03 or so and after a couple of seasons had to lay her up on the hard due to some financial difficulties. I was a member of the forum back then, but couldn't remember my name or password...Been lurking around here the last few days (I think I've read the whole forum) and it's so great to see all the info and helpfulness you guys show! (Read, I'll be needing your help)

So, after a couple of home remodeling projects, I'll be picking her up and bringing her home, hopefully get her sailing next season. She's been sitting on a trailer in a field for the last 7 years, so I have no idea what to expect other than she's gonna need some work. The rigging was in pretty good shape last time I saw her, but I know she'll need some sail repair, probably some rudder work, I'd like to have a look at that keel pin, and some electrical work, but who knows what else I'll find...LOL, can't wait!

Just wanted to introduce myself, thank you guys for all the great info, and join the club, so to speak...my name is Chris, by the way....
Maybe someday...
John K

Post by John K »

Nice to meet you Chris! Good luck, you might be pleasantly surprised with the condition of the boat IMO. Sitting in a field is a whole lot better than sitting in the water being neglected!
1977 C22: Dog House
astrorad

Post by astrorad »

Chris...welcome back !!!
Bill
hp18carr
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by hp18carr »

Chris

Welcome back... it's never to late to get back into the game and a Chrysler sailboat is never to old to get a second chance at sailing. 8)

Terrence
Wilmington N.C.
Chrysler C26' 1980
Pandora (for now)
CaptainScott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CaptainScott »

Welcom back Chris! Or, more appropriatly from me, great to meet ya! If you figure out your original name and want to keep it, let us know. We can reset your password for you!

Again,WELCOME BACK!

Scott
EmergencyExit
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by EmergencyExit »

CaptainScott wrote:Welcom back Chris! Or, more appropriatly from me, great to meet ya! If you figure out your original name and want to keep it, let us know. We can reset your password for you!

Again,WELCOME BACK!

Scott
ditto from me...welcome back
EmergencyExit
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by EmergencyExit »

Chris - what's the boat name ? And/or where in the area did you sail ? Maybe i can look you up in the database..
Christian

Post by Christian »

Hey, thanks everyone...you guys are great! Look forward to getting to know some of you...maybe even throw out some of my free advice from time to time.

EE, she never had a name that I know of, sailed her at Smithville Lake in the Kansas City area. I do recall starting a thread once about a stuck keel LOL.
Maybe someday...
Chrysler20%26

Post by Chrysler20%26 »

Welcome back Chris, get the house work done. We are all ready with advice an help. Chryslersailors all ways welcome.
Bhacurly
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Bhacurly »

Welcome back from me also!

Good to have ya on board again!

Billy
EmergencyExit
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by EmergencyExit »

Looks like a might be a couple C22's up your way ! Members keithr and
sharps4590

http://www.chryslersailors.com/discussi ... smithville

Outboard guru Franz at Franz Marine was once a Chrysler dealer and sold a few c22's out that way in the day..
Christian

Post by Christian »

Ole Franz is quite a character. I remember either having my motor in his shop or buying some parts from him...that thing never did run right. I sailed that boat in and out of my slip with no motor several times and either got rude gestures or a round of applause depending on the wind. Which reminds me, some kind of motor has to go on the list of "to-dos."
Maybe someday...
Rivercruiser
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Rivercruiser »

:D Good luck with the projects :D
C-26
Hunter 29.5
lecker68

Post by lecker68 »

Welcome back Chris and you were here before me but it is good to see another Chrysler getting toward getting er bottom wet.
Catch the wind and ride the wave, Have fun
Lyle
1980 C-26 #1100
S/V My Getaway
http://www.flickr.com/photos/34432376@N06/
al the pal

Post by al the pal »

Chris, do you plan to sail at Smithville? We have about four Chryslers at Perry Lake... so if you are ever in northeast Kansas with your boat... come on by! :D
1979 C-26
My Boat Overhaul Blog: http://alexadrift.wordpress.com/
Christian

Post by Christian »

I'm gonna have to try Lake Perry...I've heard it's a great sailing lake. Looks like it's not much further than Smithville for me...I can see northeast Kansas from my house!
Maybe someday...
dennyzen
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by dennyzen »

I'm over at Lake Jacomo--not in the water yet, still in "drydock" on trailer in boatyard, but expect to be by mid-summer.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
1979 Chrysler 22--flatwater sailing on Lake Jacomo
Mario G

Post by Mario G »

Welcome back Chris

My C-22 sat in 3 different back yards for 15 yrs open for many of them but was still in very good shap. You can see in my Webshots page.

My son lives in your area and I hope to get out that way soon and will look you up when I do.
KeithR

Still at Smithville, but

Post by KeithR »

First welcome Chris!

Yup, the boat is currently sitting on the hard in dry storage at Smithville, but I bought a truck and as soon as I can figure out how to (safely) take the mast down, we plan to do weekend visits to Perry and Stockton.

I am a member of the Paradise Point Yacht Club up at Smithville and there is another C-22 and a C-26 there as well. Good to see other Chrysler owners out there!

Keith