It floats, it sails...

Here you can discuss Chrysler Sailing across all makes of Chrysler sailboats.
Paul
Site Admin
Site Admin

It floats, it sails...

Post by Paul »

After two week end attempts, Tranquil Chaos is again a boat rather than a lawn ornament! The grand launching was yesterday, Sunday, Oct 2nd. Crewed by myself and two eager youth. The initial splash put us under motor power into the main part of Chatfield Reservoir where the 15 to 25 mph winds were subsiding quickly. We were actually only under sail power for 45 min before a near calm set in. It was just long enough to allow us to back over the old boat name and come about to a new heading and naming of the boat. It took us 3 tries at the ramp to get onto the trailer right. The first time a fouled keel winch made us drag the boat back onto the trailer. The keel rode onto the back roller bunk so the boat was listed about 20 degrees as it came out of the water. A clamber on boar to set the winch straight was followed by another dunking into the lake and two more attempts before the boat came out straight. It was a lot of work for a very short sail, but we three guys thoroughly enjoyed the afternoon! Now to see if we can do it a few more times before they close the lake on Dec 1.
Tranquil Chaos
Mario G

Post by Mario G »

Congrats Paul

I remember when you started out you had little more then a hull to start with. My Hats off to you.

I'm sure it was all worth the work. now enjoy
CaptainScott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CaptainScott »

Congrats and glad ya made it safely!

Now for some photos!

LOL!

Scott
lecker68

Post by lecker68 »

congrats Paul it will get easier and quicker.
Catch the wind and ride the wave, Have fun
Lyle
1980 C-26 #1100
S/V My Getaway
http://www.flickr.com/photos/34432376@N06/
cs3079
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cs3079 »

Congrats to you Paul! It's an amazing thing about sailing, all time and work that goes into it makes the whole experience that much sweeter! ..... and to top it off, how can you beat being out in boat that's powered by God! (mostly anyways)
Bruce
Chry Wndw Shopping/'69 Newport H-20
Poupon Me!
Ray Twp., MI
Pics: http://www.flickr.com/photos/65343255@N06/
Vids: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL60647F9C03EAE28A

I want a boat that drinks 6, eats 4, and sleeps 2.
- Earnest K. Gann
troyengel

Congrats. Me Too

Post by troyengel »

I got mine in the water for the first time also on Sunday, I had the other problem, of two much wind, any one know how far over you can heal a C22 before it becomes a problem. I scared my young chew a bit, and had to turn into the wind to stop her from going to far over, (I thing we had water up to the pin stripe just under the deck) also does any one know what happens if you do go to far over ??? I would hate to sink her.
turbo1168
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Congrats. Me Too

Post by turbo1168 »

troyengel wrote:I got mine in the water for the first time also on Sunday, I had the other problem, of two much wind, any one know how far over you can heal a C22 before it becomes a problem. I scared my young chew a bit, and had to turn into the wind to stop her from going to far over, (I thing we had water up to the pin stripe just under the deck) also does any one know what happens if you do go to far over ??? I would hate to sink her.
Keep it heeling, it's not gonna flip! I have had ours with water rushing past the windows on a few occasions now. No big deal.
EmergencyExit
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Congrats. Me Too

Post by EmergencyExit »

troyengel wrote:I got mine in the water for the first time also on Sunday, I had the other problem, of two much wind, any one know how far over you can heal a C22 before it becomes a problem. I scared my young chew a bit, and had to turn into the wind to stop her from going to far over, (I thing we had water up to the pin stripe just under the deck) also does any one know what happens if you do go to far over ??? I would hate to sink her.
Check out a few of bhacurly's youtube clips, you'll get a fell for how well a C22 lays over and stays put..start here.

http://www.youtube.com/user/bhacurly?fe ... _2wr18Udas
troyengel

Post by troyengel »

Thanks Guys, Great photos & Video. Looks like I don't need to worry. so next time I'll keep her going and see how she does. :-)
Hoping to go out one more time before the end of the year.
EmergencyExit
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by EmergencyExit »

Note on some of those clips Billy is reefed on the main and flying a small jib..
troyengel

Post by troyengel »

I did notice that. Thanks. Have you ever had a problem ???
EmergencyExit
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by EmergencyExit »

Not on my C26 which has a lot of ballast, but I have never sailed the 22 which hasn't..