Not a good day on Easystreet

Here you can discuss Chrysler Sailing across all makes of Chrysler sailboats.
SN691
Site Admin
Site Admin

Not a good day on Easystreet

Post by SN691 »

Yesterday winds predicted to be between 5 and 10 mph so though it would good day to try out the 150 head sail since we have never used it before. So off to the lake we went. Putt on the 150 and motored out past all the house boats. Wind blowing 15 mph and higher, to much wind for me and the 150. So tock off the 150 and put on the 110, started to raze the jib and the halyard was hung up at the top of mast, worked with it for about 10 minutes and finely got it free, then raised the sail to find out I did not attach the tack so had to lower the sail a little and attach it. Back to the cockpit and got my feet tangled up in the jib sheet. Sailed around for a few hours and ready to head back in lower the sails and started the motor. It ran for about 10 seconds and died could not get it started, tried for about 30 min. Finley gave up and called the marina to get a tow back into out slip. Back in the slip still could not get the motor to start. Came back home and had to have a couple of cold ones to try and forget about the day.
Bob

1979 C-26

Easy Street

~~~_/)~~~
Jmckamey

Post by Jmckamey »

Those are the kind of days that make the good days so good. :)
1977 Chrysler 22
Ground to windward is dearly bought, but easly spent.
hp18carr
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by hp18carr »

Bob

I guess it's in ones perspective... even what some may consider a bad day on the water to those of us still knee deep in our projects, sounds wonderful (LOL). Hope there is nothing seriously wrong with your motor.

Terrence
Wilmington N.C.
Chrysler 26' 1080
Pandora (for now)
Banshi
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Banshi »

The worst days on my boat are still better than my best days at work.......................... 8)
lecker68

Post by lecker68 »

Banshi wrote:The worst days on my boat are still better than my best days at work.......................... 8)
I have to agree with Banshi!!!!!!!
Catch the wind and ride the wave, Have fun
Lyle
1980 C-26 #1100
S/V My Getaway
http://www.flickr.com/photos/34432376@N06/
excavman

Post by excavman »

Sailing is a little like golf, one good shot makes up for all the bad ones.

Larry
Alanhod
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Alanhod »

I don't know, sometimes a bad day sneaks in on the sailing fun. Then you look back on it a year or two later and it was really a good day in bad day clothing. At least my 1 bad sailing day did. Okay the first half of that day for me was most EXCELLENT, that last half of the day was ugly bad and lasted for over a month and cost me $2500 to make right. YIKES

Hang in there, there is always a better day sailing ahead, Always!

THanks
Alan
It's a good life on the
Honu, 1976 C-22
My Chrysler Sailing Photos: http://s1297.beta.photobucket.com/user/ ... ry/Sailing
SN691
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by SN691 »

Went out to the lake this morning to see if I could get the motor to start. To make a long story short, the fuel line was kinked. Straiten the line, pumped the ball on the fuel line to get fuel to the motor. Turned the key and the motor started Wright up. Moral of the story, make sure your fuel line is not kinked.
Bob

1979 C-26

Easy Street

~~~_/)~~~
mcrandall
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by mcrandall »

That's why it's "Easy Street!!" :P
Mark
http://s1213.photobucket.com/albums/cc4 ... ew%20C-22/
1975 C-22 currently named Stardust (soon to be "Angela Marie")
NYCSAILOR

Post by NYCSAILOR »

WOW! in sailing magazine.. they have reports of peoples sailing problems and what they did right and wrong... it is almost always a small simple thing that creates a big problem.... recently a guy literally crashed a 42 foot swan into a bulkhead ( well he was planning on doing it but ran aground right before the hit) because he could not get it into reverse. It turns out the trans linkage just popped loose!
C-26, Fixed Keel # 343
CaptainScott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CaptainScott »

lecker68 wrote:
Banshi wrote:The worst days on my boat are still better than my best days at work.......................... 8)
I have to agree with Banshi!!!!!!!
+1 here!

:)