How about a north central get together.

Here you can discuss Chrysler Sailing across all makes of Chrysler sailboats.
bryan

Post by bryan »

Hello Capt. Bondo, you got it, just south of the 94 bridge. That was a great place to put the boat in this my first year of sailing . I was out on the boat quite a bit, pretty much every weekend from mid-Juli thru September and even some weeknights. Where are you docked again? Did you ever sail around where my boat was docked?

Yeah, I think the later models of the C-22 had that extra window. Actually, I wonder if this was a new design after Chrysler sold their boating operation off to Texas Marine International - any ideas?

Hey, I'm all for some C-22 owners on this forum meeting sometime. I think it was a little late in the season for this recent one. Maybe we can do something in the spring?

Regards, Bryan
Capt. Bondo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Capt. Bondo »

Bryan;
I keep Happy Place at the Beach House marina in Bayport.
I love to get down to the big part of Lake St. Croix when we have the time. Less power boat traffic and longer tacks makes for a nice sailing location.
Usually adds another hour to sail/motor down past the RR bridge and back, and if you get stuck on the wrong side of the bridge when the bridge closes, that could set you back another hour and a half. That's when you beach on beer can island and relax in the shade of a tree or party with Bubba and his buddies.

The first mate and I overnighted just south of the sandbar at Afton last July, It was a great night out, out of sight and sound of HWY 94, full moon and no mosquitoes :shock:

I'll lay odds that your opening ports were added by a PO, Nice upgrade to have if they don't leak.

I'm sure we'll have a oppturnity sail together next summer.

Drop me a PM with anytime.
H:)ppy Place
78 Chrysler 22

You can go to a Zen Master or you can go Sailing, either way you end up in about the same place..... a Happy Place
monty

time to exhume this thread????

Post by monty »

anyone in this region thinking about a get together????
Messing About
78 C26D (I added the 'D' cause it's got the Volvo diesel!) #490
bryan

Post by bryan »

Monty, I wondered about the same thing this week. I'll all for it. I'll soon be parked on the St. Croix near Hudson but might be able to haul over to another location.

What do the other north centralers say?

Bryan
Capt. Bondo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Capt. Bondo »

I'm game!
I'll offer up the St. Croix again. Unless someone has another idea that works for the most interested.
Throw out some dates and locations and lets see what works.

I'll start...
How about some Surf n' Turf, World of Outlaws winged sprint cars at Cedar Lake raceway Friday July 8th, and sailing the St Croix on Saturday and/or Sunday July 9 & 10.
78 Chrysler 22

You can go to a Zen Master or you can go Sailing, either way you end up in about the same place..... a Happy Place
bryan

Post by bryan »

Hey Bondo, I think either July 9th or 10th would work - I'm in also. Hopefully some other north centralers will be able to join in.

Talk to you soon

Bryan
bryan

Post by bryan »

Hey north centralers, I talked with Capt. Bondo today and we're going to be out on the St. Croix this Saturday, July 9th with a tentative time being the early afternoon. It would be geat to see others out there - let us know if anyone else is interested.

Bryan
Capt. Bondo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Capt. Bondo »

According to Sailflow.com Saturday afternoon is looking at winds at 15 out of the SSE.
Local weather guys are also predicting thunder storms later in the day.
So we'll be south of the 94 bridge so we have room for longer tacks.
78 Chrysler 22

Guster

Post by Guster »

I wish I could join you guys but it's not in the cards for me this weekend. Next time!

Have a good sail.

Dan
70's Barnett Butterfly "Blue Jean"
1976 C-22