Time to make a check list

Here you can discuss Chrysler Sailing across all makes of Chrysler sailboats.
Chrysler20%26

Time to make a check list

Post by Chrysler20%26 »

06/02/2011 Got my C-26 in the water, all by my self ( agin ) Note add to chech list. ( Better to have a helper ) I broke the spreder, raising the mast. Had to drive 30 miles, round tripe back home to make a new one. Last fall I broke the other one. Will at lest now, thay look alike. Note add to list, Better to rase mast from the cockpit, better to see that cabils are clear. Note add to list, Make sure the every thing, that is to be on the top of the mast. ( is on the mast ) Mast went up with out the top lift ( rope ) Lucky I got the new roller furling, once I get it on the boat. I will have a extra jip sheet to use as a top lift. To save time an money, ( Make a check list ) Too much to remember, too easey to forget.
Beady
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beady »

Just have to have a checklist and double check it. I took my daughter and son-in-law on the boat on Monday. They said hey you got a new slip this year and I insisted that it was the same as last year. Tuesday I got a note from the marina telling me to move my boat to the correct slip. Wow those senior moments keep creeping up on me.
Brian Eady
77 C-22
Sail La Vie
Alanhod
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Alanhod »

Make a check list, Check.

Problem, my check list gets forgotten about 80% of the time. I keep a copy on board, but once I'm on board a long way from home, the forgotten item is back at home waiting by the front door with my completed check list. Or just inside the garage door

Yea, sure I meant to do that. :roll:

I've since used a big blue Rubber Maid bin. It fits perfectly on the cabin floor under the keel winch. In the old OEM Cooler storage location. It does not stick out far enough to be stepped on getting in our out of the cabin. It fits just tight enough to not slide out in the gangway in rough conditions. It also keeps everything dry inside. I block the front door of my house with this bin so I can't leave the house without it. This has worked for me every time so far. Knock on wood. But I have gotten 25 miles away to the boat, my bin with me and the outboard and fuel tank were both still in the garage. :oops:

Thanks
Alan
It's a good life on the
Honu, 1976 C-22
My Chrysler Sailing Photos: http://s1297.beta.photobucket.com/user/ ... ry/Sailing
lecker68

Post by lecker68 »

I am currently making a cover for the cutout in the mast so sail can come down all the way to boom I need the extra room for the big sail I just put on the boat (off an S2 adds some sq ft of sail area.
Catch the wind and ride the wave, Have fun
Lyle
1980 C-26 #1100
S/V My Getaway
http://www.flickr.com/photos/34432376@N06/