Some more change . . . .

Here you can discuss Chrysler Sailing across all makes of Chrysler sailboats.
CaptainScott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Some more change . . . .

Post by CaptainScott »

Good morning my friends,

After working quitely with some of the members, it was agreed that our main or Front Page was in need of some change.

I have mixed things around a bit with it and have added some tabs to the front page. The idea being to make it a little more user friendly.

In the tabs I have added a documents section.
It is there where I have linked to many manuals now hosted on our Chrysler forum. I have also linked directly to the ChryslerSailor ( or Chrysler sailing Lizards) pages with lots of information also!

I encourage you to take a look and let me know your thoughts!

Also, if you have any manuals that I have not listed and wish to share them on line, let me know and we'll see if we can get them scanned for all to share! If you have better copies of any docs I have, I would be happy to put those up also!

Here is the old front page:
Click here.

Here is our new front page!
Click here!

Let me know your thoughts!

Scott
Last edited by CaptainScott on Mon May 02, 2011 5:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bhacurly
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Bhacurly »

Nice look!

Not to be a grammar nazi but shouldn't it say "of" sailors..

"We have a large and active community if sailors sharing knowledge and the experience of working on, learning about, and sailing our boats!"
Beady
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beady »

I like the new front page. Looks great!
Brian Eady
77 C-22
Sail La Vie
mcrandall
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by mcrandall »

I like it muchly! Good job Scott!

Who's that cheesy sailor on the front page? Might have done better there....
Mark
http://s1213.photobucket.com/albums/cc4 ... ew%20C-22/
1975 C-22 currently named Stardust (soon to be "Angela Marie")
thepartydog

Post by thepartydog »

To start with:
The new front page looks great, but I never really go to the current front page, my bookmark goes directly to the forums.

Then some ribbing:
What's with the C-22 love, sounds like prejudice to me. Think we could pull off a full lineup picture.

Random ideas/suggestions:
A photos/video section
A sailing log section.

Darin
Darin
"Ya Never Know"
1980 C26
Alanhod
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Alanhod »

I like it a lot! Thank you for doing this. I like the document section for all the boats. I hope there is more that people have to share of these.

As for Grammar, I have no stones to toss, having gotten many a grammar warning ticket. Top offender actually. :shock:

Thanks
Alan
It's a good life on the
Honu, 1976 C-22
My Chrysler Sailing Photos: http://s1297.beta.photobucket.com/user/ ... ry/Sailing
Paul
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Paul »

I'm on bored and haev no stones to through about grammer. In fact, she was a nice lady. So, you done goodly! It would be cool to get a gang, gaggle, pod... whatever of boats and get a group shot. If we try to please everyone, however, we may end up with just the Chrysler logo. BYW, nice shot. Is that Hood in the background?
Tranquil Chaos
CaptainScott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CaptainScott »

LOL! Well I 'm glad it is at least accepted!

Thanks Billy for the catch! I will fix it tonight!

The Cheesy sailor you ask?
Yes, that is one of our own however it is not me! Anyone care to guess who it is?

As far as bookmarks go? I would expect that none of us go to our own front page. There was nothing there! Just a simple very nice welcome. I do not even bookmark our main page. I to go directly to the forum. However, any NEW members likely find our main page. Search engines show our main page. New owners looking for information likely find it. I simply want these new folks to feel very welcome and find a wealth of knowledge wating for them!

Prejudice towards 22's? No, not me! I have only had 3 of them! LOL!

IDEAS? VIDEOS? PHOTOS? YES!
I'll see what I can do there.
I do have a few concerns. Bandwidth and Disk Space are limited. Much more now than before but still, there is a limit. So, they must be hosted elsewhere. I have no issues linking to other places for photos and vids however I have a pet peeve against stale links. I also do not like comercials. So, if I can link to the vids and photos AND they stay alive AND there are no commercials, I'm in! Oh yeah, we must be aware of where we link to. For example. I do not wish to link directly to a photo on someone else's site without permission. IF we do not get the OK then we are effectively stealing their bandwidth.

Alan provided a list of some cool uTube videos that I will get linked to. Hopefully I can get those up in the next day or so, so we can see how they look and work!

I love new ideas! Keep them coming!
Scott
mcrandall
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by mcrandall »

Yep, the "cheesy sailor" was a rib for sure. Think we all know who that is! And he's wearing that PFD, just like he claims he always does! Very good Ambassador for Safety!

Like I said: Think we "AL"l know who that is! "AN"d he's wearing that PFD, just like he claims he always does!
Mark
http://s1213.photobucket.com/albums/cc4 ... ew%20C-22/
1975 C-22 currently named Stardust (soon to be "Angela Marie")
Bhacurly
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Bhacurly »

Geeze Peep's...

"Is that Hood in the background?"

It's not Alan Hood!! It's Alanhod!

It's right on his Avatar!

:lol: :roll:
lecker68

Post by lecker68 »

I like the new front page and especially with Honu and Alan as the picture!
Catch the wind and ride the wave, Have fun
Lyle
1980 C-26 #1100
S/V My Getaway
http://www.flickr.com/photos/34432376@N06/
Alanhod
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Alanhod »

Cheesy, CHEESY! Do I look like a fine Gouda or a Winsly Dale... Stilton... An aged Cheddar perhaps? No clearly not! Note: I am bright orange and individually wrapped in my PDF. That would be an American Cheesy Sailor! :lol: :lol: :lol:

And yes that American Cheesy Sailor is me and my beloved Honu taken by none other than Captain Scott, in the late Spring of 2009 on Puget Sound. In the background would be Mount Baker, not Mount Hood. Easy to confuse as we have a lot of them. It is one of many of our semi-active volcanoes in the State of Washington. Yes they are all loaded and ready to go off at any time or every 150 to 10,000 years. Mount Saint Helens was the last to blow her top in the 1980's so I figure we are safe for the rest of my lifetime anyway.

And Yes I completely agree. There should be a new photo of a very large contingent of Chrysler Sailboats in a photo. This would be and excellent upgrade to our Home page of the Chryslersailors forum. So let it be known we need at least 3 major get togethers in 2011. East Coast, Mid West, West Coast. Where each group will take several large group Chrysler Sailboat photo's at each event. I say the minimum entry must have at least 3 Chrysler Sailboats in the picture. More of course would be preferred. I think at Ticon 30 would count for at lease 1 of any 3 Chryslers in any photo we post... Hope hope! :P

That would have been a great alias, American Cheesy Sailor. I like the sound of that. :lol:

Thanks
Alan (American Cheesy Sailor) :wink:
It's a good life on the
Honu, 1976 C-22
My Chrysler Sailing Photos: http://s1297.beta.photobucket.com/user/ ... ry/Sailing
Banshi
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Banshi »

We have a front page............................. :shock:
Windward

Post by Windward »

Scott - looks terrific. A huge step forward in both appearance and utility.

Thanks!
TravisJ

Post by TravisJ »

1991 Capri 26 "Mari Sol"
1976 Chrysler 22 "Evening Star"

Commodore, Lynn Creek Yacht Club
Lake Joe Pool, Grand Prairie, TX
Windward

Post by Windward »

I'm getting about 18m - 22m down, so didn't notice any lag. Truth be told I usually start at /discussion rather than the home page. I'll try it from my Android phone. > .5 MB is kinda weighty for a page, but Scott's done a lot with photos in a web environment (see also: captainscottsailing.com) and can probably work some magic on the image.
CaptainScott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CaptainScott »