a few new pics

Here you can discuss Chrysler Sailing across all makes of Chrysler sailboats.
Kevin Dreher

a few new pics

Post by Kevin Dreher »

http://s1200.photobucket.com/albums/bb327/kevindreher/

a few new photos of the boat......i managed to get most of the ice out of the cabin, cleaned it up it was dirty. no to get it off the trailer and drop the keel and lots of sanding..cant wait.

kevin
get n lost
astrorad

Post by astrorad »

Kevin...I really like the color scheme of your boat....what year is it?
Mine is 1976 and under the ugly green paint is the same beautiful blue and white as yours....I hope to have it back to original by the end of this coming summer.
Bill
Kevin Dreher

Post by Kevin Dreher »

its a 77
get n lost
CaptainScott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CaptainScott »

AWESOME pics!!!

That color was also available in 76! check the link to my 76 I had! She looked a lot like your 77 when I got her! Lots of elbow grease and she cleaned up really nice!

WOW! A garage big enough to keep her inside!!!!

Thanks for sharing!!!

Scott
Kevin Dreher

Post by Kevin Dreher »

thanks 69shark....your boat did clean up really nice, cant wait until mine is all cleaned up. i saw that you put new mast spreader brackets...or what ever they are called..that hold the spreaders to the mast....i have a broken one and was wondering were you ordered yours from. and its nice that the boat fits in the garage.......its a bummer that i have no heat in there...oh well working on the boat in the cold should keep me warm enough....haha. thinking of warmer days on the lake should help too. thanks for the info.
kevin
get n lost
CaptainScott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CaptainScott »

The things I used were stainless rail supports. They were not spreader brackets. Only thing to remember is the rail supports are not rounded like the mast so they sit a little funny from up close. Also you'll have dissimilar metals and should protect against electrolosis if you are in salt water a lot.

I got the rail supports from West Marine off the shelf. I simply took one of the spreaders to West Marine found a rail support that fit and bought two.
Very cheap, off the shelf, and easy install.

Scott
Kevin Dreher

Post by Kevin Dreher »

thanks scott, i will keep a look out for something similar if not the same thing.
get n lost