CHRISTMAS LIGHTS! LEST SEE 'EM !!!!

Here you can discuss Chrysler Sailing across all makes of Chrysler sailboats.
CaptainScott
Site Admin
Site Admin

CHRISTMAS LIGHTS! LEST SEE 'EM !!!!

Post by CaptainScott »

OK, I'll start! This weekend we went FULL Christmas mode with the lights, tree, and pretties!

Here is what my poor neighbors must now look at when they go down our street!

See my neighbor to the left? That is pretty average in my neighborhood. Sad. We do get SOME lights down our street though. Not many. We do stand out though! LOL!

Scott

Our humble abode . . . . .

Lady Jo, she like to make a statement.

PS:
For those that care, we are very slowly converting to LEDs. The cross and the blue light on Lady Jo are all LED. They are pricey so we only replace a few strings each year however the power savings is great!
Unfortuantely the blue LED strings are not as long as the old incondecent bulbs so the cross is not as high as in years past.
hp18carr
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by hp18carr »

Nice Lights... 8) would like to do something similar, but having stripped the old girl down from mast too toe rails, I have no place to hang the lights.

Terrence
Wilmington N.C.
Chrysler 26' 1980
Pandora (for now)
FranS

Post by FranS »

I can't take credit??? for this display, it belongs to a neighbor. The lights are so bright that one year I was able to spot the house landing at Laguardia Airport!

Leeway

Re: CHRISTMAS LIGHTS! LEST SEE 'EM !!!!

Post by Leeway »

69Shark wrote: PS:
For those that care, we are very slowly converting to LEDs. The cross and the blue light on Lady Jo are all LED. They are pricey so we only replace a few strings each year however the power savings is great!
Unfortuantely the blue LED strings are not as long as the old incondecent bulbs so the cross is not as high as in years past.
WARNING! For those in the Northern Climates that are thinking of converting to LED Christmans lights, make sure you get the sealed variety. They are a bit more expensive but worth it. The problem with the cheaper unsealed versions are that the LED stems rust and loose contact or break creating an open. This is caused by the dissimilar metals effect (zinc coated steel in contact with copper plus moisture from melting snow equals corrosion). I learned the hard way and just threw out about 8 strands of LED icicle lights. They lasted for a couple seasons, but then gradually started failing. I fixed them here and there, but that has gotten old and tiresome.
Lee Hoeppner
Boat: C-15 Man-o-War
Name: Sea'chele
Year: Pre-1973