Perspective

Here you can discuss Chrysler Sailing across all makes of Chrysler sailboats.
hp18carr
Site Admin
Site Admin

Perspective

Post by hp18carr »

Being a New Hanover County Sheriff's Deputy I pulled duty at the state ports, Wilmington N.C. for the commissioning of the USS Gravely (guided missile destroyer). The ship was massive the people in attendance countless. The VIP's Senator Hagen, Congressman Mcintyre, Assistant Secretary of the Navy Stackley and the list goes on. However what caught my true attention and made my ten hour day of standing on concrete bearable was seeing a lone Sailboat @ 26' sailing down the Cape Fear River seemingly as straight as an arrow. 8)

Terrence
Wilmington N.C.
Chrysler 26' 1980
Pandora (for now)
sauerleigh

Post by sauerleigh »

I went down to the lake this morning to finish the winterization of my half a CAT 25. The lake temp is down to 47 now, about a dozen sailboats and about as many powerboats are still in the water at my marina, the gulls were having a good time. An ore carrier was unloading its cargo using a onboard conveyor, the air was crisp, winds about 13 out of the south. I happened to look out towards the lake and a lone sailboat, something less than 30 ft was moving alone very nicely. Can't wait till next season.
1978 Chrysler 26 "Maudie Kay"
1984 Catalina 25 "REDUX" (rebuild)
It's better late than never
John Stahl

Post by John Stahl »

I went to the Lake yesterday------- It was frozen
We went ice fishing!
There is no right way to do the wrong thing.
"Puffen" 1978 C-26
This photo is how I found her
Traveler
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Traveler »

Frozen lake! Yikes! The only ice I want to see anymore is in the bottom of my glass. Getting older I guess. The lake here is still pretty nice and I went out for a short time today. Not much wind so I cut it shorter. Hopefully we'll have some nice Fall winds as the weather is great.

Jeff
monty

Post by monty »

how about frozen eveything? -32C (-39 wind chill) here (Nelson House, Manitoba) Friday morning. Todays' -14C with no wind was real nice!!!
Messing About
78 C26D (I added the 'D' cause it's got the Volvo diesel!) #490
Mario G

Post by Mario G »

Sorry guys I got up this morning stuck my head out the forward hatch and it felt like it might be another hot one today. We must have had high 70*s comming in to Beaufort SC yesterday. We are seeing alot of the Canadian snow birds on the waterway and at the anchorages.

Including a woman sengle handeling a 45' sailboat that didn't look like she weighed as much as the anchor on her boat.

before you know it Terrence it will be someone else on shore seeing you sail by.
mariner

Post by mariner »

Winter is coming to lake erie! the only good news is that I have successfully secured indoor winter storage!

1976 - C22
"AnneMarie"
Alanhod
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Alanhod »

Oh, that is cold. Pun intended. :lol:

Thanks
Alan
It's a good life on the
Honu, 1976 C-22
My Chrysler Sailing Photos: http://s1297.beta.photobucket.com/user/ ... ry/Sailing
lecker68

Post by lecker68 »

Mariner not good for the owner of the boat in the pic. What part of lake Erie I get to that area a couple time a year.
Catch the wind and ride the wave, Have fun
Lyle
1980 C-26 #1100
S/V My Getaway
http://www.flickr.com/photos/34432376@N06/