Sailing returns to the south (for me anyways)

Here you can discuss Chrysler Sailing across all makes of Chrysler sailboats.
Banshi
Site Admin
Site Admin

Sailing returns to the south (for me anyways)

Post by Banshi »

Finally the temps have dropped into the low 80's and the wind has returned. Beautiful day for sailing yesterday with 15 knots of wind that was pretty steady and an overcast sky to keep the temps down. A perfect day except for the very end when I cranked up the motor and found the main halyard which had slid off the deck and was trailing behind the boat next to the prop:)...........fortunately the shear pin did not break and after cutting the halyard loose I was able to raise the motor and untangle it while hanging off the rear of the boat on the boarding ladder as the wifey steered the boat down wind. I always forget to roll that thing up and secure it.....won't make that mistake again, at least for a while anyways.
Mario G

Post by Mario G »

Making a habit of looking over the side while under way is also a good thing. I also like to walk the deck to see all lines are coiled. Waves,wakes and tacking has ways of tossing lines.

We also need to worry about crab traps.
Mario G

Post by Mario G »

:lol: :lol: Congrats on getting back out Banshi, the days are great for sailing . Will you have fall foliage to your area soon?
EmergencyExit
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by EmergencyExit »

Same here, got out on the Cal21 early yesterday, and it was even cool enough to get inside EE, clean up, and start on the last interior projects I want to do before moving her back to the coast.

Was really tempting to put her in for a couple months now that the weather is nice, but am staying focused on getting that work done and it won't happen if I float her because by January I'll be whining that its cold...
Banshi
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Banshi »

At first I thought crab pot (they are thick enough to walk on this time of year) but I am pretty good at staying clear of those beasties.

We won't get any fall colors for another month or so.
Capt. Bondo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Capt. Bondo »

I don't mind the folks that leave stuff hanging over the side... two weeklends ago I was able to practice a man overboard drill and rescued a nice $50 bumper :lol:
H:)ppy Place
78 Chrysler 22

You can go to a Zen Master or you can go Sailing, either way you end up in about the same place..... a Happy Place
CaptainScott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CaptainScott »

Sounds like you had a nice sail!!
Congrats and keep the fenders up and lines aboard!!!

Scott