Whale destroys sailor

Here you can discuss Chrysler Sailing across all makes of Chrysler sailboats.
amayotte

Whale destroys sailor

Post by amayotte »

Check this link out to a video showing a whale bulldozing a couple sailing.

Just scroll down a bit and you will see it...crazy.

Make sure to watch the video.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/outpost ... er_sports/

Adam
Banshi
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Banshi »

"Harassing the whale"..................now that's hilarious. I guess they missed filming the part where they were poking it with a long stick..........................

Sing along to the whale wars theme song with me............."the whales are the vampires"............... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Mario G

Post by Mario G »

If you watch the news it seems the animals are feed up with people....
and not to make a joke of it but what part of Killer Whales do people not understand.

I'm sure its going to be a fight with the insurance co. if they had it or its just a very costly mistake on their part, I hope the whales fine.
Banshi
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Banshi »

what part of Killer Whales do people not understand.
Perhaps the seals and baby humpback whales (among others) could chime in on this....................................
Banshi
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Banshi »

Just for the record I am neither pro nor con on whaling, they are animals just like cattle, hogs, tuna and so on. I see no viable reason for the hunting anymore but I am stead fastly against denying someone else the right to do so beyond protecting a species from extinction due to over hunting.

And of course we want of few of each around in case some all powerful space probe from another world returns to see how they are doing............
EmergencyExit
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by EmergencyExit »

Mmmmm, cows, hogs, and tuna. Stop it Banshi, you're making me hungry for 2 out of 3 of those ! And it is Sunday so Dreamland in Tuscaloosa is closed....
tgentry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by tgentry »

It's fairly likely that the whale wasn't too happy with this outcome either. This was a juvenile whale who by all accounts was breaching repeatedly in "play".

Remember many species of whales have poor eyesight. I have read that when near a pod of whales it's a good idea to play music loudly, so they know where you are.
Tom
1981 Endeavour 43 s/v Pearl Lee
Former 1976 Columbia Payne 9.6 s/v Gin Rhumby
Former 1979 Chrysler 26, s/v Copacetic
http://www.asswhaffleyachtclub.net
http://www.svpearllee.com
Lucky Jack

Post by Lucky Jack »

Those are some amazing photos and video. The guy is lucky he didn't get hurt by that much flying fish.