Sail boats, not work boats, tell me your sailing stories

Here you can discuss Chrysler Sailing across all makes of Chrysler sailboats.
Alanhod
Site Admin
Site Admin

Sail boats, not work boats, tell me your sailing stories

Post by Alanhod »

It's a good life on the
Honu, 1976 C-22
My Chrysler Sailing Photos: http://s1297.beta.photobucket.com/user/ ... ry/Sailing
CaptainScott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CaptainScott »

Literally just got home from two weeks on Destiny!
Stories and photos to come!

Scott
Mario G

Post by Mario G »

Hey Alan is there a place you can moor your boat , so you can drive to it on weekends already to sail. Theres nothing that replaces being out there.

I could tell you it seems to make people smile when I roller blade around a port town like Oriental. It was easy to blade to the West Marina store for a replacement shackle for one of the last donation to Neptune.
Alanhod
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Alanhod »

It's a good life on the
Honu, 1976 C-22
My Chrysler Sailing Photos: http://s1297.beta.photobucket.com/user/ ... ry/Sailing
LeatherneckPA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by LeatherneckPA »

My intended port transport is a folding bicycle. But first I need a boat that will get me to port and back.
Iron Mike - Semper Fidelis
Jack of all trades, Master of none
1978 C-22: Believer
EmergencyExit
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by EmergencyExit »

Sail boats not work boats - I have to confess I was introduced by a club member to a friend of hers as someone who doesn't like to sail boats as much as to fix them up. That came as a bit of a shock, but I suppose it isn't too far off.

I just can't look at a boat and not see something that needs doing when I lot of that time I should be sailing instead !
Lucky Jack

Post by Lucky Jack »

I have a pre-sailing story. Bought a trailer to collect my newly acquired C22 but the trailer already had the hull of a Catalina 22 on it. I parked it out front with a "free boat" sign on it and a group of several gentlemen stopped and said they wanted it. I drove it over to the backyard of one of said gentlemen and we proceeded to attach strap to stern of Catalina and solid tree. I said prayer and drove forward. Boat was sliding off trailer nicely when I hear someone yell "stop!". I look back and see stern on ground and bow pointing towards sky with hull resting against back edge of bunks. I decide this is not good for trailer and floor it. Boat comes off trailer rest of way and lands on the ground. Trailer seems fine and boat seems ok too. Now all I need to do is get the Chrysler ON the trailer.
kokezaru

Post by kokezaru »

Lucky Jack wrote: Now all I need to do is get the Chrysler ON the trailer.
Best not to imploy the same technique in reverse. :shock:
--Richard

'77 Chrysler C26 "Imori"