WHO ARE YOU??? Come one . . . Fess up you lurkers! LOL!

Here you can discuss Chrysler Sailing across all makes of Chrysler sailboats.
J. Austin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by J. Austin »

Wow, thats awsome. Always a pleasure to know a military man and a sailor. There seems to be a lot of us. I was lucky enough in 6 years to be at: Cape May, NJ; Elizabeth City, NC; Miami, FL, Cortez, FL; and Detroit, MI. Great times, had I been a little smarter I would have mada a career out of it.
"The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails." - William Arthur Ward
jerecaustin.com
John K

Post by John K »

lecker68 wrote: I have 9 children
:shock:
1977 C22: Dog House
clair hofmann

Post by clair hofmann »

Jay,
When were you at Elizabeth City? I started out there in AD schoo lthen went over to AR and SC. I was there from Jan 68 to Feb 71. Had a great time. We go past there often on our way to our place in Pamlico county. Its changed a lot.
Paul, I played trombone in the boot camp band at Cape May. Still play today.
Clair
EmergencyExit
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by EmergencyExit »

First mate's Dad was career USCG from WWII forward. Up Scott and Alan's way at Everett and Port Washington to Houston and Mobile, to overseas during 'Nam, New Zealand, Phillipines. Her son also Navy Corpsman based out of Hawaii Kaneohe Bay, and saw duty with his marines in Fallujah. Her nephew a nuke sub tech guy now.

Twisting the thread a bit off course, but to you vets, thanks. Enjoy your weekend.
J. Austin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by J. Austin »

Clair,
Awsome I was a band geek in high school glad to see some people actually stick to it.
I was in A school in 1998, so, probably didn't pass each other in the hall, but I did love it. Beautiful place, would love to visit.
"The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails." - William Arthur Ward
jerecaustin.com
Paul
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Paul »

Clair,

I hope your children turned out OK. Many a trombonist have kids who are handicapped. You usually see them on the playground: Can't use the slide, and they don't know how to swing :shock:

I actually wanted AE as a rating, but something about having heart surgery at age 12 made them hesitant.

Paul
Tranquil Chaos
Greg48

Post by Greg48 »

I'm Greg, I joined in January when I thought I had a c26 bought in Arizona.Made the trip from Wash state but the trailer I didn't feel would make the trip. Just bought a c26 from a guy in Spokane so now I do own a c26. Sure wish I new what to do with it, never owned a boat before.Don't know how to start the motor and if I did sure would't how to back it out of its slip. Did just go down and buy insurance on it and 300m liability for everyone around me, hopefully we can get her loaded on her trailer, sounds like this might be an experince in it's self and take it home to Dayton Wa to get familar with her. Anyway I am 62, married this time for 40 years, have four daughters, one son, 13 grandkids and 3 g grandkids.I was in the trucking business for 25 years, owned a Napa parts store for four years and have done contract work for the forest service. Had a heart attack when I was 50 and took up flying three years later. This sailing thing has had ahold of me since I worked in the Olympic Pennisula in 2004 thru 2007. Spent Sundays watching the sailboats come and go from Port Townsend and Sequim and have wanted one every since. I will try to keep you all updated on my happening, might cause you a good chuckle now and then. Have a great weekend Greg
CaptainScott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CaptainScott »

Hey Greg,
Welcome to the forum!

About that 26?
Where are you with it? We have members on the East side AND the West side of the Mountains! I'm sure you could convince SOMEONE to give ya a hand.

If you don't mind suggestions, join a local Power Squadron or Coast Guard Auxiliary. You can get very fine boating educations from either group. They both push saftey very heavily along with a lot of other aspects of boating.

If you are on the West side, look me up or PM me. ( if you'd like )
Maybe a day with me you and Alan playing with your boat!

I have hopes of dragging Lady Jo a C22 to Moses Lake one day this summer just for giggles. If you are close, drop in! I grew up on that lake sailing a brand new Chrysler Dagger. Lots of great memories!

Scott
Alanhod
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Alanhod »

It's a good life on the
Honu, 1976 C-22
My Chrysler Sailing Photos: http://s1297.beta.photobucket.com/user/ ... ry/Sailing
Capt. Bondo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Capt. Bondo »

H:)ppy Place
78 Chrysler 22

You can go to a Zen Master or you can go Sailing, either way you end up in about the same place..... a Happy Place
Guster

Post by Guster »

Bob,

Good to see you're a fellow GL'er and aircooled guy. My CI is 48, and I'm 32yo. I'm not doing to bad.

I haven't sailed the Apostles yet, but was just there this last weekend camping. The Madeline Island Yacht Club has dry storage (on own trailer) for $20/month. I might try that next year with the C22. I noticed a C22 in a slip there, I wonder if it it someone on this forum?

If you or any other Chrysler sailor is heading to Lake Pepin this year give me a shout.

Good luck
Dan
70's Barnett Butterfly "Blue Jean"
1976 C-22
slane1124

Post by slane1124 »

ok, about to make some confessions, embarrassing confessions... I bought the Sea-Shell-E in May 2006. The next month I totalled my Honda VTX 1300, several of my tattoos, and my 14 year old's right knee cap. The sailboat quickly became a back burner issue. I did, however, have a custom trailer built for her the next year. Since then, I put her in the water once. There, I said it, ONCE. On that only outing, I found that the Chrysler 7.5 which had started at the house, would not in the lake. Further, being new to raising and lowering the mast, one of my friends bent one of my spreaders. So, first outing did not go well. Since then, I have started work on my rudder, ordered and received my new spreaders, replaced all running rigging, taken a basic keel certification course... however, still have not take her back out yet. My wife, Shelley, says I'm sod sailing in the yard...
Me - I'm 47 years old, and have been a police officer for the last 25 years. I work for a metro atlanta police department, and am a little over 7 years from retirement. I'm a polygraph examiner, check out my website listed below. I have never even been on a sailboat before I bought this one. I have been on boats all my life, but pontoon, fishing, jon, all power boats. I woke up one morning and wanted a boat I could put some time and attention into, sleep on, and fix up like a floating camper. I did the research and found the Chrysler network. I then lucked up on a 1976 Chrysler, all sails, Chrysler 7.5 hp, on a trailer, for $2000. I snatched it up, and have renamed her after my wife. I am waiting for my first REAL outing to go through the renaming ceremony.
I will be sailing in several GA lakes, Sinclair, Lanier, Jackson, and maybe adventuring off coast when I learn to trust the keel.
I think that does it. I love reading this site!! I visit several times a DAY!
Thanks,
Robbie
Robbie
'76 Chrysler 22
"Sea-Shell-E"
sail # 879
www.ndipolygraphservices.com
CaptainScott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CaptainScott »

slane1124 wrote: <snip> I'm a polygraph examiner <snip>

Where were you when I was raising my kids!!! LOL!!

This thread has become a very nice thing to read and reread to remember who is who!

Scott
Bhacurly
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Bhacurly »

Welcome All!

Hey Greg... The only C-26 I know of in Spokane is "Windwalker" and I haven't yet met him.. schedules are hectic busy... Did you buy his boat??

I know Dayton... spent a night there years ago,,, 3 hrs South of Spokane. Are you planning on sailing the Snake??

Billy
lecker68

Post by lecker68 »

Yes Scott it has become interesting again like the first time.
Catch the wind and ride the wave, Have fun
Lyle
1980 C-26 #1100
S/V My Getaway
http://www.flickr.com/photos/34432376@N06/