Drains

Here you can discuss Chrysler Sailing across all makes of Chrysler sailboats.
J. Austin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Drains

Post by J. Austin »

OK Guys, (and Gals)

I need some help. I was out on the boat today, it was raining, wierd for Jan. in MI. My cockpit drains, should they be linked (via hose) to the exit drains in the transom? Can't seem to understand how cockpit water won't get down into bilge. I know I'm missing something, just don't know what. Does anyone have the ability to post a pic of the inside of that crazy little hatch behind the traveler?

Any help is appreciated.
Last edited by J. Austin on Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails." - William Arthur Ward
jerecaustin.com
FranS

Post by FranS »

They are not connected, just tip the bow up and it should drain. It's always a wet space. Only thning we keep in it is the gas tank.
Alanhod
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Alanhod »

It's a good life on the
Honu, 1976 C-22
My Chrysler Sailing Photos: http://s1297.beta.photobucket.com/user/ ... ry/Sailing
J. Austin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by J. Austin »

Thanks Alan,
Recomendations on checking the area? Do I stick my head in a seat hatch, or army crawl through the starboard stern birth?
Should I block transom drain and fill with water to check 4 leaks?

Of course I'm assuming that this is supposed to be seperate from the rest of the boat.

Sorry about all the ?'s, I'm irritated that I didn't just get in there and look better, but well, I haven't cleaned very well back there yet.

Thanks
"The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails." - William Arthur Ward
jerecaustin.com
Capt. Bondo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Capt. Bondo »

The fuel locker can get grungy with oil. I used foaming engine cleaner and a little elbow grease and it was nice and clean and white when I hosed it out.
H:)ppy Place
78 Chrysler 22

You can go to a Zen Master or you can go Sailing, either way you end up in about the same place..... a Happy Place
Alanhod
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Alanhod »

It's a good life on the
Honu, 1976 C-22
My Chrysler Sailing Photos: http://s1297.beta.photobucket.com/user/ ... ry/Sailing
Gus

Post by Gus »

The gas locker has to be open (don't connect the upper scoopers to the lower ones!) You should have a shelf in the locker to keep the gas tank out of the water. In my boat is normal that the locker is usually full of water since the Chrysler 22 is a transom heavy boat.

If you locker leaks, check the lip between the locker and hull joint. A little bit of water tends to collect in that area.
1976 Chrysler 22 Halve Maen - Sail # 595
Alanhod
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Alanhod »

Gus did you just make a stand and silicone it in or can you buy one?

Thanks
Alan
It's a good life on the
Honu, 1976 C-22
Gus

Post by Gus »

It came with the boat, I don't have any pictures tho.
1976 Chrysler 22 Halve Maen - Sail # 595
J. Austin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by J. Austin »

I actually have the original gas tank stand thingy for my boat.
It was a lucky find from the po.
I can take pics and dimensions if needed.
jerecaustin.com
Banshi
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Banshi »

I made one that just sits in the bottom and I bungee cord the tank to it, some day soon I'll get around to creating something more permanent.