New Chrysler Owner (and sailor!)

Here you can discuss Chrysler Sailing across all makes of Chrysler sailboats.
kkodet

New Chrysler Owner (and sailor!)

Post by kkodet »

Hello everyone!

It has been a long time since I've used message boards, with Facebook and other social medias taking over, but it looks like this one is still somewhat active.

Through a series of fateful events I ended up the proud owner of a Chrysler 22. I've wanted to learn to sail, so I guess now is the time! I will probably be signing up for ASA101 locally unless I can find a cheaper way to learn. Through this journey I'm sure I'll need lots of advice and maybe some parts for my boat.

Glad to be here!
brigadoon

Re: New Chrysler Owner (and sailor!)

Post by brigadoon »

Kkodet,
Welcome to the forum, the 22 is a great boat I’m sure you will enjoy it. Post pictures if you get a chance.
I don’t know why your post is in another section than the main general discussion forum but you will likely have more responses if your post shows up there in the latter area
Rick, Sv Brigadoon
C22Bob
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: New Chrysler Owner (and sailor!)

Post by C22Bob »

Welcome...I moved the topic over to General Discussion. The 'Sandpiper' is a fantastic boat to learn on. Very stable and forgiving. In its class of daysailors back in the 70s,..like MacGregors, Hunters, Catalinas, Odays, Emersons,..and all the rest, the Sandpiper is in a class by itself for construction and style. If you're in an area with a yacht club, this is the time of year they start classes for the
Basic Keelboat