C-26 Complete Galley

Have a Chrysler sailboat for sail? Advertise it here! Also, any other sailing related items, dingys, sailing accessories, etc.
NO COMMERCIAL ADVERTISEMENTS OR BROKER ADS WITHOUT EXPLICIT PERMISSION FROM ADMIN.

BE SURE AND INCLUDE:
contact information,
price,
Ira Madsen

C-26 Complete Galley

Post by Ira Madsen »

I've just removed the galley from my 1979 C26 (yes, on purpose). I hate to chop it up and throw it away because someone may need/want it.

The SS Sink is in good shape, as is the two burner pressure alcohol stove. Both are stock. The wood cabinet is in good shape with no rot or distortions. I also have the original water tank, too.

We've decided the galley occupies too much interior space, so we'll be doing something different. I might make a smaller cabinet, or we may just do without it (it really does open up the interior space!). We intend to use the aft cabin <grin> for storage only, and now we have amazing access on both sides of the companionway ladder.

So, if anyone is interested, contact me by email. I don't see shipping it as being practical, so whatever we might come up with would include picking it up in Dauphin Island, Alabama.

I'm not trying to make money on it. It's more important to get it out of my shed, and of course, to help out a fellow Chrysler Cultist in need. Let's call it FREE for the asking...but remember, you'd have to haul it off!

iramadsen@gmail.com
EmergencyExit
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by EmergencyExit »

Ira, we tossed ours long ago too, too heavy and in the way. For a cool idea look at the what Compac does with the galley and sink on the 23. They are flat boards on rails, and slide out when needed, and then back when not, leaving the access to the aft area open. We're going to do this on our C26 later.

some pics here
http://www.sailingtexas.com/scompac23108.html
Ira Madsen

Oh, Yeah!

Post by Ira Madsen »

That's more like it! I've seen the Compac 23 before. They're more similar to the room in a C22 like we used to own. A much better use of space.

We just felt the galley cabinet was almost as big as the head...
but you can't sit down in it. We will probably use that new space for our 78 quart Yeti, with hold-downs.

We've pretty much decided that we'd attain the "campout" mentality. Paper plates, cups, bottled water and adult beverages. If we cook, it's on our rail mounted grill. The only thing I've seen the sink used for on a C26 was as an intermediary trash can...where you throw your beer cans until you get down below (or get the galley wench to go).

The grill and a plastic dishpan (tub) will be fine with us.

However, that's just my opinion. I don't want to dissuade someone from coming and getting this out of my shed. <hint>

I've been wrong before. :)

Ira
lionshooter

Post by lionshooter »

First thing I did 9 years ago. Tossed it out. Have a Coleman camp stove and a a camp sink stowed out of the way and a Magma Kettle grill. Paper plates and solo cups. After all, it is a weekend camper, not a liveaboard. I sail. I sleep, I grill steaks. That's it.
Keep it simple.
1977 C-26
Ira Madsen

Galley is GONE

Post by Ira Madsen »

The above offer for the C26 Galley is no more. It ran away to the landfill. I just couldn't justify storing it anymore.

Ira Madsen
s/v Knot Sure
Dauphin Island, AL