Under floor tank?

Here you can discuss Chrysler Sailing across all makes of Chrysler sailboats.
brigadoon

Under floor tank?

Post by brigadoon »

I have a C26 swing keel that has a 2” plug in the floor just in front of the door to the head. The plug says water but l’m sure it is not that. The boat has an after market marine head with a 5 gal tank with the standard pump out. I suspect the boat came with a factory installed head and this may have been a holding tank. Does anyone know what this tank is ?
Rick, SV Brigadoon.
Gary w/C26 & LS13

Re: Under floor tank?

Post by Gary w/C26 & LS13 »

Which side of the door is the floor plug on? Inside the head or in the “hallway”? Mine has a small round deck plate in the hallway. Beneath it lies the forward bilge. Not much room underneath the floor in that area for any type of tank.
brigadoon

Post by brigadoon »

Gary,
Thanks for the reply,
Yes the deck plate is out side the door, any idea what it is for. I have’s found anything in the manual.
Rick, SV Brigadoon
Gary w/C26 & LS13

Post by Gary w/C26 & LS13 »

I assume it’s just an inspection plate. I’ve contemplated installing a small 12v bilge pump in that spot but the problem lies with routing the discharge hose all the way to the back of the boat. I’m not sure it’s worth the effort. In my boat the area on both sides of the keel trunk is poured solid with concrete containing lead shot. Thus there are actually two separate bilges. This one in front, and a larger, deeper bilge in the back under the cabin ladder and rear berth area. That’s where I’ll put a pump.