Could some one help please

Here you can discuss Chrysler Sailing across all makes of Chrysler sailboats.
TBDay

Could some one help please

Post by TBDay »

If some one could help me please whit a quick measurement on the mast step
77 Chry 22' S.W KS
brigadoon

Re: Could some one help please

Post by brigadoon »

I can get you a measurement on the c26 but I’m not sure what measurement you want. Can you be more specific ?
brigadoon

Post by brigadoon »

I just realized you had a post awhile back. I’ve reread it and maybe this will help. If the rigging fit on the deck before you started the repair it should still fit your rework as long as you haven’t made major changes. The turnbuckles have quite a bit of adjustment.I recently reread the rigging instructions in the documentation section located in the manuals for every Chrysler model. I believe it said the mast is set to be perpendicular to the water and this would normally be true to the cockpit deck as well. Your waterline will vary somewhat depending on your loading so it would seem to be correct to use the deck as your datum. As long as it’s close it’s not really critical unless you are trying to get every last knot and upwind performance.
Rick, SV Brigadoon
TBDay

Post by TBDay »

I have no idea if anything is remotely close there is some very shady rigging going on plus it's off the trailer in a shop no way to put up the rig

I need some one to put a straight edge on the face of where the mast sits measure from bottom of the straight edge to the deck going back towards the companionway and give those measurements
So if its 4 1/2 at the step and say 3 foot back it's 3 1/2 from deck to bottom of the straight edge that will give the angle for the mast or what ever it might be for the rake side to side I can level all that
77 Chry 22' S.W KS