Cabin modifications

Here you can discuss Chrysler Sailing across all makes of Chrysler sailboats.
brigadoon

Cabin modifications

Post by brigadoon »

Happy New Year
I hope everyone has a safe and enjoyable New Year this coming sailing season.
I have a C26 that I keep in Sequim WA and sail on the Puget Sound but have yet to get to the islands, hopefully that will happen this year . I live in CO and get to my cabin in Sequim when responsibilities permit. I’ve made a few improvements on Brigadoon since she was purchased and wonder what some of you have done to your boats ? So far I’ve added a new sink , roller reefing , rebuilt the kitchen cabinet that the previous owner started to move to the starboard side. Bought 2 new anchors, a 25 lb Rochna and an old danforth from a garage sale. I’ve made the mast raising bridal ( works great with one person) and made the steps removeable for better access to th lazaret. I added 11 lb of lead to the rudder ( cut into the rudder and glassed over ) which makes it have a neutral bouncy so I don’t have to use the boat hook to push it down , and I cut the engine opening large enough to admit a 9.9 four stroke. I know that some may advise against opening up the transom but I feel that the split backstay makes it structurally sound.I, added a 4” drain for the bilge behind the ladder and I’ve added a bow roller for the 200 ft of anchor line with 40’ of chain. Right now I have a Bimini w/ dodger under construction. And have a manual windless that needs mounting and a solar panel that will need to be mounted. What are others working on ?
Erbardy

Re: Cabin modifications

Post by Erbardy »

HEre is a video of the work we did

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EshWSrVCJe0&t=162s
brigadoon

Post by brigadoon »

Erbardy,
Beautiful work, makes me want to pull my boat to do a real refit. Where do you sail ?
Rick, Sv Brigadoon
DTeeSail

Post by DTeeSail »

Beautifully done ! It's great to watch the video and see the excellent workmanship.

Thank you for sharing.
Attaboy15

Post by Attaboy15 »

I too enjoyed watching the video. Thanks for posting !
Captain Ron
Attaboy15

Post by Attaboy15 »

I noticed your topside does not contain any pinstriping like mine. I would like to fix mine. Paint or buy a pinstripe?
Attachments
Stripe3.jpg
Stripe3.jpg (22.61 KiB) Viewed 12834 times
Stripe2.jpg
Stripe2.jpg (21.44 KiB) Viewed 12834 times
Stripe1.jpg
Stripe1.jpg (26.82 KiB) Viewed 12834 times
Captain Ron
Erbardy

Post by Erbardy »

DTeeSail wrote:Beautifully done ! It's great to watch the video and see the excellent workmanship.

Thank you for sharing.

Thanks!
Erbardy

Post by Erbardy »

brigadoon wrote:Erbardy,
Beautiful work, makes me want to pull my boat to do a real refit. Where do you sail ?
Rick, Sv Brigadoon
Pymatuning lake. What about you?