Bought a new sail for my 26 today

Here you can discuss Chrysler Sailing across all makes of Chrysler sailboats.
Skipper Dan

Bought a new sail for my 26 today

Post by Skipper Dan »

Well I am getting closer to getting my 26 a full set of sails. I took advantage of Precision's Black Friday sale and bought a 400 series 130 Genoa. I saved $200.00. I now have a new main, new 130, used 170. Hopefully before I hit the Gulf I will have the all important Storm Sail. In the spring I hope also to have my solar rack finished as well as all new standing rigging, re-rigged to the outside of the hull with new chainplates. My diesel alternator should also be finished by summer. I should end up with a nice Hybrid, live off grid, go anywhere sailboat.

Dan
Skipper Dan

Re: Bought a new sail for my 26 today

Post by Skipper Dan »

I guess even though I gave them the Chrysler documentation for the sail they still need measurements. Does anyone have measurements for a 130 on a Chrysler 26. My mast is down an I would not be able to put it back up until spring.

Dan
jsa

Post by jsa »

I'd love to know what you think of them when you get them. I've been thinking about using Precision to order new sails for my 22. I was thinking the 400 series dacron as well. Looks like they make a quality product from the videos I've seen.
Skipper Dan

Post by Skipper Dan »

They made my Main two years ago with 2 reefs. Very nice job.

Dan