Boom Gooseneck

Here you can discuss Chrysler Sailing across all makes of Chrysler sailboats.
renefix

Boom Gooseneck

Post by renefix »

I just bought a 1976 Chrysler-22, my plan is to get it ready for sailing again by next spring (2020), so far looks like the mayor problems are a couple leaks, 1.- Tiller/rudder and 2.- keel cable.

Also I found out, the boom gooseneck is missing, I did a lot of research and I can't find any information on it, I searched for any markings on the mast to tell me who manufactured it, serial number or anything, and no markings, looks like at some point it was labeled, but now it's just a blank sticker with nothing on it, if you know witch gooseneck I need and where can i get it please let me know.

I downloaded the manual for the boat at the only information there is the part number #815724 and a picture but no additional information

Thank you.
jsa

Re: Boom Gooseneck

Post by jsa »

I wonder if the Catalina uses a similar gooseneck.
CaptainScott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CaptainScott »

If you go to rigrite.com and weed through their menu they have goosenecks that will work for the C22. I've purchased one in the past from them and it worked fine! Just watch the size of the slide!

https://www.rigrite.com/Spars/SparParts ... slides.php

Scott
jsa

Post by jsa »

Is a sliding gooseneck standard? My 78' has a fixed gooseneck for the boom attachment.
CaptainScott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CaptainScott »

I've had C22's and they all had sliding goose necks.
Scott
jsa

Post by jsa »

Got ya. I don't mind it being fixed. It's fixed so the top of the sail is at the mast head and there is plenty of tension on the luff. I'm also tall so I like the headroom.

The boat I have has a few modifications. A previous owner also installed traveler tracks for the jib/genoa. It is nice being able to easily change the sheeting angle under sail from the cockpit.

Thanks for the reply!
renefix

Post by renefix »

I recently bought this one, once I try it out, I'll let you know if it works. (DH4100)

https://www.dwyermast.com/items.asp?cat ... Goosenecks

Thank you all for your advice.
Rene