Considering New to me C-20 Daysailor

Here you can discuss Chrysler Sailing across all makes of Chrysler sailboats.
chris

Considering New to me C-20 Daysailor

Post by chris »

Ahoy all,
I just sold my fixed keel C-22 due to my marina tearing down the sailboat slips to build more covered slips with lifts.... As such I'm now in the market for a new boat that is more easily trailered and have my eyes on a 1978 C-20 daysailor. I sail in the galveston bay and if I pull the trigger on something with a swing keel I'm hoping to do some exploring in some of the skinnier areas of the bay that used to be unreachable in my C-22. With all that said I'm hoping to get some insight on the C-20 sails, how many people could comfortably go for a day sail on it, and lastly a little info on the cabin.

I'm currently working offshore and the boat is four hours from home so I'm hoping to get some info before I get my hopes too high and drive out to her.

Thanks,
Chris
CaptainScott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Considering New to me C-20 Daysailor

Post by CaptainScott »

Welcome to the forum!
I briefly owned a C20 however sold it before I ever sailed it. I've regretted that since.

The cockpit on the C20 is freakin HUGE! Way more space than the C22. I'd venture 6 adults comfortably in the cockpit all day.
The cutty cabin is just that . Tiny space but very functional as an overnighter or weekender. More of a sleep and storage space than a living space. My old C20 was sold twice after me then run aground in bad weather. I almost bought it back but my bride convinced me otherwise! :)

Scott
chris

Post by chris »

Hey there scott,

Just checking the forum again, and i as of august 16th i am the proud new owner of my c-20. Standing rigging had bent studs so i had all of the standing rigging rebuilt and replaced by west marine and got it back a week and a half ago, hurt the wallet but it is all perfect. I love the cockpit and can emphasize the HUGE. Now to take on the leaking keel trunk and only half operational rudder swinging mechanism....

Chris
chris

Post by chris »

Best picture from her second trip out, trying to get onto the computer
Attachments
IMG_0212.JPG
Skipper Dan

Post by Skipper Dan »

Nice. Tighten up those life lines though