C26 chainplates

Here you can discuss Chrysler Sailing across all makes of Chrysler sailboats.
Skipper Dan

C26 chainplates

Post by Skipper Dan »

Hello all and hello Spring.

I am thinking of redoing my chainplates. I do not use pulpits or lifelines, no stanchions. So I was wondering if I am able to just mount much better chainplates right to the outside of the hull. I do not think that this should interfere with the jib, but all I have used so far is a smaller jib. Last winter I purchased a used 170 genoa. Still looking for a 130. I plan on replacing the standing rigging as it is bent in a few places and doing the chainplates would have to come first. I already have them reinforced from the inside as per other Chrysler mods. I just think that going to the hull would be a much stronger option. I hope to sail the gulf of Mexico and beyond in a couple of years.
CaptainScott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: C26 chainplates

Post by CaptainScott »

Sounds like a great project!
Please take before and after pictures and share here!

Scott
EmergencyExit
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by EmergencyExit »

Skipper Dan, sounds do-able. Not moving very far outboard from the stock position when you think about it.
And thats how my Compac 23 is configured. The chain plates from a CP27 might actually work and and arent very pricey. Hey, include me in the Gulf Coast plans if you are in my area!
Skipper Dan

Post by Skipper Dan »

Un packed the 26 and hoping to raise the mast so I can configure the Solar panels. High winds today but lets hope for calm Sat and Sun.
CaptainScott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CaptainScott »

Sounds like fun!
Scott