First splash

Here you can discuss Chrysler Sailing across all makes of Chrysler sailboats.
Number1

First splash

Post by Number1 »

Finally put the 26 in at John Wayne marina Sequim WA. The boats been ready for a week but family matters prevented an earlier date. All went fine except for the rudder down haul. The PO had the rudder rope in a loop but led it through a clutch with no slack, it was nearly impossible to get down even with a boat hook. I finally got it down and cut the rope so it could be secured in the down position. Winds were about 15 knots and I had my 86 year old parents with me so we just went with the main and stayed in the bay. All went well. The mast went up without a hitch with no help using a 10 ft length of 1" conduit in place of the boom. this allows me to leave the main on the boom for storage. The ratchet straps work great as they stretch if adjustments are off a little. More news as I get to try everything out. OH yeah , I had to launch using a 20 ft tow strap ( 30000 lb rating) to get deep enough without dunking my 1/2 ton Avalanch that pulls just fine for short hauls, There is an easy haul trailer that loo ks just like mine down the street that has not moved in years, if anyone in theSeattle area needs one let me know and I'll see if its available. :) :) :)
CaptainScott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CaptainScott »

WOW am I late here!

Sounds like a lot of fun!
I've sailed a Chrysler Dagger there in Sequim Bay as well as an 18' Solcat!

My in laws live in Sequim so I get there fairly often!

Scott