galley ladder suggestions

Here you can discuss Chrysler Sailing across all makes of Chrysler sailboats.
rc12ls

galley ladder suggestions

Post by rc12ls »

Hello, I've come across a 1GM which I'm going to install into a C26, remove the rudder , close the hole in the stern and install a stern rudder. I need easy access to the engine and the ladder is bolted down. I know the Chrysler Co. offered this boat with a factory inboard. Does anyone know if they installed a quick disconnect ladder ? or has anyone custom rigged one? Thank You, Eddie
lionshooter

Post by lionshooter »

One of the first things I did 9 years ago was to remove that massive staircase, narrowed it to 18" and remounted it on the right side of the companionway instead of the center. (it allows the dogs to run down the aisle and up and out without breaking momentum and creates a large access to the rear storage area on the galley side) I had to shorten the starboard side leg a wee bit to accommodate the curve of the hull in front of the settee. It is not bolted at the bottom and the top of the ladder is secured with a 3/8" ss rod that passes through 2 L brackets. The ladder can now be easily removed and set aside by pulling out the rod while I am working or trying to dig out life jackets etc.
1977 C-26