Capt.

Here you can discuss Chrysler Sailing across all makes of Chrysler sailboats.
Capt. Bondo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Capt.

Post by Capt. Bondo »

H:)ppy Place
78 Chrysler 22

You can go to a Zen Master or you can go Sailing, either way you end up in about the same place..... a Happy Place
Bobby

Post by Bobby »

Looks like an epic trip. Great photos. Makes me homesick for Michigan summers.
Guster

Post by Guster »

Thanks for sharing! It sounded like a great trip. I loved the photos.

It's been on my bucket list to tow our 22 up to the apostles for a long weekend. We almost did this summer for our wedding anniversary (we were married on a sailboat in the apostles) but at the last minute the wife decided a few days in Manhattan would be better than bobbing around the apostles in the tiny 22. Kudos for spending 2 weeks on yours. I think I would enjoy a long trip on ours, but 3 night would be pushing it for my wife.

We have a small plane and take one or two day trips to Madeline each summer. It's a nice walk from the airport on Madeline to the ferry dock to take us over to Bayfield. Every time we are there I say the next visit will be with the 22. But have yet to. I"m going to make it a priority for next summer.

Dan
70's Barnett Butterfly "Blue Jean"
1976 C-22
C22Bob
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by C22Bob »

Thanks for sharing that awesome trip and the fantastic photos as well. You're living one of my dreams which is to sail Lakes Superior and Michigan. I've been to that area once and would love to return with boat in tow and set sail around the islands. My wife is a Yooper and we travel back to Michigan every summer with the hopes of setting sail in our restored C22. I'm nearing the end of 4 long years getting her ready to sail. You're post has inspired me even more! Thanks again for taking the time to share :)

astrorad

Post by astrorad »

Bob...your boat looks beautiful.
Bill