New traveler installed

Here you can discuss Chrysler Sailing across all makes of Chrysler sailboats.
astrorad

New traveler installed

Post by astrorad »

Here are a couple of pics of my new traveler...it is a 27mm Harken CB track, mounted on a thick aluminum bar...the traveler car is a non CB type that I purchased in the clearance page of the Harken website. I already had the turning blocks so it was quite a savings compared to buying the whole setup new.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/142195031 ... ed-public/
https://www.flickr.com/photos/142195031 ... ed-public/
Bill
CaptainScott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CaptainScott »

Hey Bill! That looks great!
You'll be able to cheat the wind a little better! I had a similar setup on my first C22 and loved it!

Scott
Papax3

Post by Papax3 »

!!!!!

Do tell ! I turned around to my traveler last time I was out, with those..."I've got to fix that", eyes! The traveler wheels won't roll, and I have to push my traveler over by hand when tacking.

Cost, please!
What was full product name, and you bought it where?

It looks spiffy, and I like it!

Thanx!
Bill Williams
We're just about finished with refurbishing our Chrysler 22, she's slipped, and ready for fun!

Lake Quachita, HotSprings Arkansas
Bill Williams
Papax3

Post by Papax3 »

.... and by the way,

I saw that you have the original fiddle-block: my bearings were woefully corroded (the bearings were no longer round at all)// (and mine was beginning to get stuck - REALLY NOT GOOD IN A BLOW!). So I did the right thing, and bought a new one. Here's the cool part: instead of Harken, at twice the price, I bought one from Garhauer, at half the price. It was one of my easiest and pleasing fixes so far!

Regarding the Chrysler travelers... any chance that you can buy the inner traveler piece by itself? Mine came with channel aluminum, and the traveler moving inside, as a T-shaped piece, with little cute roller wheels on the inside part.

Thanx!
Bill
We're just about finished with refurbishing our Chrysler 22, she's slipped, and ready for fun!

Lake Quachita, HotSprings Arkansas
Bill Williams
astrorad

Post by astrorad »

I found my parts on the Harken website in their clearance page...if you find something there it will be very inexpensive compared to regular retail price.
I contacted Harken to make sure that a non CB traveler car would work on a CB track. They assured me that it would and so it does. The CB designation means "captive bearing".My non CB car will spill all the bearing balls when it is slid off the track end unless the included bearing loader is used.
Bill
C22Bob
Site Admin
Site Admin

Harken 22mm track and car

Post by C22Bob »

I like your setup. Like you, I wanted to get rid of the flimsy original track and pin traveler on my C22, but wanted to keep it simple. It doesn't need to move around all that much. I picked up the Harken 22mm track and pin car and really happy with it. The track has some flex to it so it'll adapt to the slight curvature at that location of the boat, and the car is super ball-bearing smooth. Has pin stops every couple inches. Didn't cost a fortune either:)

22 mm Slider Car � Pinstop, Eyestrap
Maximum working load (lb)1100 lb

HARKEN 22mm Low-Beam Small Boat Traveler Track

http://www.harken.com/productdetail.asp ... &taxid=475

Bob