Free Boat!

Here you can discuss Chrysler Sailing across all makes of Chrysler sailboats.
sauerleigh

Free Boat!

Post by sauerleigh »

Unfortunately, health issues will keep me from finishing all the work required to get the Maude Kay back on the water so I am offering her to someone with the time and skill to take on this project boat. Most of the major structural problems have been dealt with, the hull deck joint, reinforcement of the cockpit floor, the keel trunk sides, voids filled in the deck, hatch reinforcement, SS mast support. The port lights, the upper transom, the mast step area and the main hatch slides are the major items that need to be addressed. The whole interior has been gutted so that she can be finished any way you like, I do have all the cushions.
She has a roller furling system for the jib, a Honda 10hp with electric start (condition unknown), a tandem axle trailer (brakes not working nor are the lights), two sets of sails (serviceable), clear title.
If you are interested in giving her a new home and some love, send me a PM.
1978 Chrysler 26 "Maudie Kay"
1984 Catalina 25 "REDUX" (rebuild)
It's better late than never
sauerleigh

Post by sauerleigh »

The boat is located in the Cleveland, Ohio area.
1978 Chrysler 26 "Maudie Kay"
1984 Catalina 25 "REDUX" (rebuild)
It's better late than never
CaptainScott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CaptainScott »

I'm sorry to hear that Health is involved in this decision. Hope all is well with you and your family.

If you and I were closer, we'd be chatting in person by now!

Scott
hp18carr
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by hp18carr »

Sorry to hear about the health problem, hope all works out. Anyone out there close enough to take Sauerleigh up on his offer... do it quick I've seen the work he has done on his C26 on his old posts!!!

Don't call him trying to get him to part it out, a little respect for his work... someone keep this one together!!!

Terrence
Wilmington N.C.
Chrysler 26' 1980
Pandora (for now)
Oday 22' 1973
old yellow (for now)
Chrysler20%26

Post by Chrysler20%26 »

( hpBcarr ) is right on this one, good job Terrence. Sauerleigh sorry to hear the bad news, an I wish you the best. I hope you can stay with this forum, an keep us up to date on your health.
EmergencyExit
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by EmergencyExit »

Chrysler20%26 wrote:( hpBcarr ) is right on this one, good job Terrence. Sauerleigh sorry to hear the bad news, an I wish you the best. I hope you can stay with this forum, an keep us up to date on your health.
Ditto from EE's crew
mcrandall
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by mcrandall »

Really sorry to hear about the health issues, Sauerleigh! I feel for you as I have had a few setbacks over the years as well.

I shot you a PM if the boat is still available.

Thanks!

Mark
Mark
http://s1213.photobucket.com/albums/cc4 ... ew%20C-22/
1975 C-22 currently named Stardust (soon to be "Angela Marie")
dubbinchris

Post by dubbinchris »

Sorry to hear about your health as well. I work in healthcare so I can certainly be a sympathetic ear.

I'm in Ohio too, down in Columbus if you want this to go to a fellow buckeye. I of course would like to explore the possibility of taking this boat off your hands and finishing what you have started. I certainly would not have any interest in parting it out. I currently have a C-22 but am always looking to go up and have considered renting a slip on Erie sometime. You can PM me here or email at the following address:

kleinbiker1 at aol dot com

Perhaps down the road I'd be able to take you out on her.

Chris

I've also sent you a PM.