Quite around here!

Here you can discuss Chrysler Sailing across all makes of Chrysler sailboats.
CaptainScott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Quite around here!

Post by CaptainScott »

Everyone out sailing I hope!

Scott
mcrandall
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by mcrandall »

No kiddin! I've been noising around here and haven't seen anything new fora few days.

Busted my hip falling off a ladder at work a few weeks ago, so no sailing, no working on the boat, no nothin' but surfin' the internet and wishin'.

Too quiet!
Mark
http://s1213.photobucket.com/albums/cc4 ... ew%20C-22/
1975 C-22 currently named Stardust (soon to be "Angela Marie")
adamh

Post by adamh »

Wasn't sailing but I did make the four hour trip up to the Apostle Islands to check out the cruising grounds. The juices are really flowing now.
Adam

1978 C-26 s/v "Alpha"
astrorad

Post by astrorad »

Mark...what a bummer man!!! Hope you heal quickly...Apostle Islands cruising, one of my DREAMS...No sailing for me yet, replacing all the portlights...new video to come soon on the new method I am using to do the replacement.
Bill
mcrandall
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by mcrandall »

Thanks Bill, coming along fine...just not fast enough for me.

Look forward to seeing the video, just removed my portlights for replacment/reinstall.
Mark
Chrysler20%26

Post by Chrysler20%26 »

Scott: Hope the New Sail on Destiny is a good fit. Mark: bummer on the fall heal quickly. Bill: good luck with the port lights like the video's. Looks like Spring has come to Michigan. I got the cover of the C-26, boat looks good. Just a little clean up. I have been removing ruts from my drains that run around the basement to the sump pump pit. An drying out basement from the 9 inches of rain. All most done
hp18carr
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by hp18carr »

Spring is in the air... and as par for the course weeds pollen and moles are making their yearly advance on two fronts, both here in Wilmington and at the cabin in Tenn. :evil: Along with my hours at work the old saying of not enough hours in a day... is close to reality. Mark let your hip heal completely... don't rush it no matter how great the weather.

Terrence
Wilmington N.C.
Chrysler 26' 1980
Pandora (for now)
Oday 22' 1973
Old Yellow (for now)
CaptainScott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CaptainScott »

Wow Mark!
Hope you heal fast! Sorry to hear that! I've been sewn together again many times but never broke a bone! Yokes!
Chrysler20%26 wrote:Scott: Hope the New Sail on Destiny is a good fit.
Not sure yet, the sail maker had a date with me on Thursday to see the sail and cancelled. Then had a date on Friday with me to see the sail. This time he not only failed to show but he did not call and let me know so I was stuck in traffic and waiting at the dock. He never showed. I called his phone which he did not answer , surprise, and left a very pointed voicemail for him. Sunday he called and said the sail is installed on Destiny. Unfortunately for me I can not get to the boat for a few more days. Unfortuantley for him I only paid 1/2 of the bill up front. He will have to wait until sea trials now to get the rest of his payment.

Scott
Padiunka

Post by Padiunka »

Spring is in full swing here. Just working hard everyday to get ready for the season. Took a trip up the mast on Sunday to free a fouled main halyard. Took down the wind transducer because it was stuck. Signet wanted about $500 to refurbish it. I took it apart and found a bearing seized. I found a new stainless bearing for $10..... Win! Started sanding the brightwork yesterday, I can see I have a long road ahead there. Installing a new foot pump for the galley sink tonight. Glad I have a crew that is willing to help. Also aquired all new ground tackle and cant wait to try it out. Best of all....Michigan and Huron are now ONLY 9" below datum. Rainy forcast for the next week strait. Heres to hoping.
1964 Buccaneer 18 ~ Bijou

1979 Chrysler 27 ~ Andante
Capt. Bondo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Capt. Bondo »

ICE OUT on the St Croix River last Saturday, noticed some ice still in marinas.
Got into the storage lot at the marina to say hello to Happy Place, first time in months. Need to complete the kitchen floor project before I can start boat projects
H:)ppy Place
78 Chrysler 22

You can go to a Zen Master or you can go Sailing, either way you end up in about the same place..... a Happy Place
Bhacurly
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Bhacurly »

Hey Mark ditto on the sorry to hear that. Hope the physical therapy goes well!

Been cooler here with graupel showers today. Weekend is lookin nice an we plan on sailing Saturday. Been busy gettin organized an putting casters on my work benches and some shelving in to free up work space. Wish I'd done that a long time ago! Really nice now an looking forward to project work. Also put my old stereo in there! Makes being out there more enjoyable. Pam calls it my man cave now ; )

Scott I hope the sail works out!
dubbinchris

Post by dubbinchris »

Just recently got back from taking my C-22 from Columbus, OH down the Florida keys for a week.

Docked it in Bahia Honda Key for 5 nights....

CaptainScott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CaptainScott »

Beautiful!
Scott
sauerleigh

Post by sauerleigh »

I still check in every once in a while. My marina is still rebuilding after the damage from Sandy. All new docks, better power distribution, more water lines. The weather here has been great for more than a week and they are hoping to get everyone launched by Memorial Day. My last official day at work will be June 7, I can hardly wait. More sailing, more fishing and more time to work on the Maude Kay.
1978 Chrysler 26 "Maudie Kay"
1984 Catalina 25 "REDUX" (rebuild)
It's better late than never
EmergencyExit
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by EmergencyExit »

sauerleigh wrote: My marina is still rebuilding after the damage from Sandy. All new docks, better power distribution, more water lines.
Sure hope they move faster than PCH did down here. Docks in our area of harbor were okay after Isaac, but took about 4 months to get power distribution back. And they raised the hookups so high I had to make a little box to stand on to get to it !!
lecker68

Post by lecker68 »

Been sailing and helping friends get ready for the season and had to bury my dog buddy so he will not be with me on the boat but will be there in spirit.
Catch the wind and ride the wave, Have fun
Lyle
1980 C-26 #1100
S/V My Getaway
http://www.flickr.com/photos/34432376@N06/
Alanhod
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Alanhod »

School and Work, no time to play... YET! 8)

Thanks
Alan
It's a good life on the
Honu, 1976 C-22
My Chrysler Sailing Photos: http://s1297.beta.photobucket.com/user/ ... ry/Sailing
mcrandall
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by mcrandall »

Sorry to hear of the loss of your best friend, Lyle!
Mark
lecker68

Post by lecker68 »

Thank you Mark
Catch the wind and ride the wave, Have fun
Lyle
1980 C-26 #1100
S/V My Getaway
http://www.flickr.com/photos/34432376@N06/