can you sail the chrysler 26 along the coast to mexico ??

Here you can discuss Chrysler Sailing across all makes of Chrysler sailboats.
aerojet777

can you sail the chrysler 26 along the coast to mexico ??

Post by aerojet777 »

title says it all just wondering i i have to stay in the bay ALL the time or can i sail along the coast from san diego into mexico
CaptainScott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CaptainScott »

Welcome aboard!
Let me guess, BOEING?

I think a properly outfitted and prepared C26 can make the trip. Coming home might be a bigger challenge. Rememer, it is called the "Baha ha ha" LOL!

Bigger question: Are you a capable sailor with the experience to do such a trip?

Scott
Alanhod
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Alanhod »

Welcome Aboard aerojet777,

It is my opinion that a C26 in really good shape could do it. Now would "I" be sailor enough to handle it :?: That is the question.

Now some years ago it was reported on this forum that a Dr. and his Wife would sail a C26 form California to Hawaii and back many times. One time the were knocked down but still came home okay. But never made the trip in a C26 again.

True? I'm not sure but I like the idea of it just the same. Not the getting knocked down part, but making the trip many times part. :wink:

My C22 has handled some big weather better than I did as it's captain. It brought me home in style on a very ugly day on Puget Sound. It motored on like a little Coast Guard Cutter, motor never broaching the surface.

If not from Boeing, Flying a 777 per chance. And if you are from Boeing, then you are very very close in proximity to Captain Scot and myself. As the 777 is only build right here in our own back yard as it were. :D

Thanks
Alan
It's a good life on the
Honu, 1976 C-22
My Chrysler Sailing Photos: http://s1297.beta.photobucket.com/user/ ... ry/Sailing
Chrysler20%26

Post by Chrysler20%26 »

Welcome Aboard, hope you have a good sail, take lots of photos..
aerojet777

mexico sail...

Post by aerojet777 »

Hi Guys, thanks for the welcome...i am finishing up on a restoration of a c26 right now

i am indeed in the puget sound area lol. i am planing on heading south sometime not too far away. for now ill be in the nw area.

ill post pics of the restoration in the coming weeks
CaptainScott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CaptainScott »

OK, now you spilled the beens!

You are close to Alan and I and we are pretty darn verbose on the forum! LOL!
I hail from Silver Lake area in South Everett. Near Costco. We have a boat moored at the Port of Everett and have a pair of C22's. Alan is also very close. We, from time to time get together and have a blast talking sailing or hitting the water. The photo on our main page http://chryslersailors.com is one I took of Alan just outside the Navy Base here in Everett. If you ever have the desire to hang out and chat, go sailing or need a hand on your boat, I'm happy to help. I bet Alan would be also!

Are you a trailer sailor or a moored sailor? If the later, where's your home port?

Again Welcome.
Scott
aerojet777

aloha captian scott

Post by aerojet777 »

Hi Again, i will let you guys know when im in the everett area and go out on the sound, thanks for the offer. at the moment my c26 is on its trailer near lake washington.

have u guys ever sailed to victoria island in canada ? that seems like a good place to go.

overall how does the c22 or c26 handle the sound ???
CaptainScott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CaptainScott »

I have never sailed on a C26 however I sail C22's regularly on the sound. They are great! I do pick my weather though.

As far as Victoria, I assume you mean the city on Vancouver island, yes, we sail there almost yearly and have for many years. It is a wonderful but busy destination! Definitely do it! There are many other wonderful places too. In fact in a week we will head to the Canadian gulf islands for a week!

Do it!

Scott
Alanhod
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Alanhod »

Hi aerojet777,

I just sent you a PM here on the forum. I grew up right next to Lake Washington. Hope to see you and your boat some day.

Thanks
Alan
It's a good life on the
Honu, 1976 C-22
My Chrysler Sailing Photos: http://s1297.beta.photobucket.com/user/ ... ry/Sailing
aerojet777

hi all

Post by aerojet777 »

hi guys, i should be done doing the upolstery in a couple weeks, then i should be ready to drop it in the water.

i will look forward to seeing your boats and u can see mine, it should be fun.

thanks for the nvite.
tgentry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by tgentry »

A C26 sailed from Canada to Cuba. It's about your skill and confidence level and picking your weather.
Tom
1981 Endeavour 43 s/v Pearl Lee
Former 1976 Columbia Payne 9.6 s/v Gin Rhumby
Former 1979 Chrysler 26, s/v Copacetic
http://www.asswhaffleyachtclub.net
http://www.svpearllee.com