Lifes lessons

Here you can discuss Chrysler Sailing across all makes of Chrysler sailboats.
CaptainScott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Lifes lessons

Post by CaptainScott »

OK,

I finally succumbed to the pier pressure here in Seattle.
I've been drinking coffee.

Last week my mom came to visit. They had a very nice cuisinart coffee maker they've never used! So, they gave it to Diane and I since I now drink coffee!

I must say, this thing is cool! Put coffee beans in to your taste, add water, press start! Soon you have a nice fresh pot of coffee!

So why talk about all this, we've all seen coffee makers.

Well, Notice I said add beans, not grounds! This thing grinds the beans for you! Very cooooool! However not being a long term coffee drinker, I'm new to these fancy devices! I measured out the beans exactly as prescribed, add water just they way they said to . . . . . . . then I pressed "go" or whatever that button says . . . . . .

OMG! Scared the piss out of me! Scared everyone in the kitchen and sent my poor little Corgi running for shelter! This thing was LOUD! Should have had a video recording! I had no idea grinding coffee beans was so FREAKIN loud! Only lasted a few moments. Guess it does not take long to grind beans!

WOW! After surviving that I decided to set the timer for the next morning. Sunday. 9:00 AM. Rinse machine out and reload. Forget.

Next morning we had a repeat of Saturday! Sheesh! Dang thing went off! Scared everyone near! Worse this time as no one was thinking coffee! Corgi FLEW out the doggie door!

That was it. Diane banished the machine to weekends only. No fresh brewed coffee before I head to work! Oh well. I never really drank coffee before going to work anyway! LOL!

just a tidbit from the life and times of Captain Scott! LOL!!!
Scott
EmergencyExit
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by EmergencyExit »

LOL, I can picture the whole scene.

My 4am mornings require..one cup water,three scoops of Community Coffee Between Roast, steeped in a french press coffee maker.
adamh

Post by adamh »

Now that you guys are all wired up, how about hoisting those sails and dipping the rail. Up here in MN all we have is snow in the forcast so we need to get our sailing fix through you guys. Oh and take pictures too! :lol:
Adam

1978 C-26 s/v "Alpha"
Capt. Bondo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Capt. Bondo »

Adam, I agree!
Winter is not letting go, 3 more inches this morning :cry:
Sailing withdrawls are getting painful,

However I was able to access the storage yard last week and walked back down the plowed trail to inspect Happy Place :)

But since I did not bring my snowshoes I could not closer than 15 feet :( however the tarp was still secure and had been sheeding the snow as designed because the snow piles on each side covered the trailer fenders. :shock:
H:)ppy Place
78 Chrysler 22

You can go to a Zen Master or you can go Sailing, either way you end up in about the same place..... a Happy Place
Mario G

Post by Mario G »

Had to give up my fancy coffee maker Scott when I moved aboard for a percerlator type. Being a life time coffee drinker its not how its made just as long as its hot and black. now if I could just figure out how to put a timer on the percerlator. :lol:
Beady
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beady »

Scott:

Just get a Kerig. I know you Seattle folks can't enjoy a cup of coffee until you climbed a mountain, picked the beans, roasted them, and then hand ground them until you have blisters. Here in the midwest we drop in the kcup and push a button.

Just kidding have fun and be safe with the new coffee maker.
Brian Eady
77 C-22
Sail La Vie
Padiunka

Post by Padiunka »

I must agree with EE, french press is the way to go. I still do gind my own beans and it does indeed make some noise. I can just picture a Corgis reaction to such and event.

Winter is dragging on here in the midwest for sure. I check on Andante on at least a bi weekly basis due to the fact my cover ripped in the starboard quarter leaving the cockpit open to the wicked winds we have been getting off the Bay this winter. But never to early to start preping for the season. Hooked up with the local sail and power squadron and have been taking some classes with the girl.

Speaking of which, I had to make sure this new girl of mine was as passionate about sailing as I am, but with the water as hard as the land around here, that is a bit tricky. So we ended up in Clearwater Fl a couple of weeks back and I chartered a 34' jeanneau fo a day. Good lord did it feel good to be under sail... with Daulphins no less! I sopose I should post pictures huh? Needless to say she passed the test, but has a summer full of "life lessons" ahead of her befor she is sea worthy! Onward an upword Gents!
1964 Buccaneer 18 ~ Bijou

1979 Chrysler 27 ~ Andante
CaptainScott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CaptainScott »

Beady wrote:Just kidding have fun and be safe with the new coffee maker.
That's funny!
No harm or foul here!
:D

Scott
EmergencyExit
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by EmergencyExit »

All..Google "Black Ivory Coffee".. :roll:
lecker68

Post by lecker68 »

Scott as a life long coffee drinker with that machine you could eliminate the alarm clock. Only joking the Corgi would probably learn to fly then you would have a flying dog over a coffee maker I myself don't care much how it is made the end result has to be hot and black and had to laugh at your description.
Catch the wind and ride the wave, Have fun
Lyle
1980 C-26 #1100
S/V My Getaway
http://www.flickr.com/photos/34432376@N06/
astrorad

Post by astrorad »

MMMMMMMMM Coffee!!!!! I grind the coffee fresh every morning with my Quisinart burr grinder and start the drip maker before my bride gets out of bed. I'm retired now so I get my coffee before work....YESSSSSS
Bill