Lake Huran Water Levels

Here you can discuss Chrysler Sailing across all makes of Chrysler sailboats.
Chrysler20%26

Lake Huran Water Levels

Post by Chrysler20%26 »

http://www.great-lakes.net/envt/water/l ... urwlc.html Water level down another foot, hope I can put my C-26 in water this spring???
astrorad

Post by astrorad »

Glad I have a swing keel...I may have a choice of slips in the near future as the fixed keel boats won't be able to get in and out of the marina.
Bill
Chrysler20%26

Post by Chrysler20%26 »

There is a right up in Boats US, telling about the low water levels in Lake Michigan and Lake Huron. Some deep keeled sailboats had to find deeper slips, and have their boats stored elsewhere. Last fall when it was time to bring my C 26 home for the winter, I had to drag it through the mud with my truck to get it to the ramp to load it on the trailer. My C 26 does have a swing keel but there wasn't even 2 1/2 foot of water to float my boat. So I am keeping my fingers crossed in hopes of having enough water to launch my C 26 in the spring. I may be forced to use my C 20 or my McGregor 25, I want to sell both of them boats in the spring anyway. I think they might sell faster if they are in the water. They are both nice boats with good outboards and safety gear. I only need to get $2000 for each one
clair hofmann

Post by clair hofmann »

You might want to hold on to the Mac. Whats that draw with the keel up 1 foot? Do you spend any time on the askamcgregorowner forum? There's always someone on there looking to upsize. I saw on there Roger Mcgregor is retiring this spring and shutting down production. His kids are taking over the boat building and moving it to Fla. There will be a name change and they will probably make some design changes in their new boats. Roger will continue design on the 70'er he is working on.
Clair
Chrysler20%26

Post by Chrysler20%26 »

Clair, my Mac. is a 1985 draw is 1 foot 10 inches. Thank you for the up date http://forums.macgregor.sailboatowners. ... y.php?f=68
Beady
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beady »

It is just not the big lakes. I had problems getting my boat out this fall because the lake level was so low. I want the lake levels to be up but just don't want the precip. in the form that I have to shovel it.
Brian Eady
77 C-22
Sail La Vie
timlabute

Post by timlabute »

Oh dear.... looks like slips may get cheaper too. Thankful for my swing keel too right now. I bouht my boat from the South Port Sail Club in Tecumseh, Ontario. Here is a news article about where i bought it from and what they have to say about water levels for 2013
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/windsor/s ... water.html
Capt. Bondo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Capt. Bondo »

It's a problem on Lake Superior also.
The Apostle Islands Marina in Bayfield WI has added extensions under there fixed docks to help keep boats from drifting under the docks. And if a boat it not tied off correctly they could end up with stanchion/lifeline damage.
H:)ppy Place
78 Chrysler 22

You can go to a Zen Master or you can go Sailing, either way you end up in about the same place..... a Happy Place
Padiunka

Post by Padiunka »

Its a bad day to draw 4'11". Its not forcast to get any better this year.
1964 Buccaneer 18 ~ Bijou

1979 Chrysler 27 ~ Andante
Chrysler20%26

Post by Chrysler20%26 »

39 days to spring, lot us hope water rises.
Chrysler20%26

Post by Chrysler20%26 »

Spring is just 4 days away, so I was time to go check out my boat slip an dock. My dock looks good, no repair is needed. There is ice in the slip, 4 feet below my dock. Looks like water level has not come up from last year.