Roller-Furling

Here you can discuss Chrysler Sailing across all makes of Chrysler sailboats.
Chrysler20%26

Roller-Furling

Post by Chrysler20%26 »

I do love my new roller-furling, an the sail is off the great Windword's boat (Thank You Jeff) It has been a good year, but northern sailing is comming to an end. Trying to stay in two more weeks, I do not mind the cold but I have to get out befor the ice comes. This spring I was able to get a lot of ferr dirt. So I did a bit of yard work an this fall I had a guy come an trem an remove some trees. I have 35 new trees comming to be planted. Big Yard Have to keep it up, Hopping to do more sailing next year. [/b]
blu by you

Post by blu by you »

you poor northerners (x new jersey)
im a new chrysler c 22 owner (bought it the end of may )i will be sailing out of port ritchie fl
turbo1168
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by turbo1168 »

Hey Blu, don't pick on the "poor" northerners. Just because it is prime sailing season right now, us Crackers have to deal with the hot humid summers, swarms of skeeters and the afternoon doldrums. BUT, as a native, I have NEVER EVER owned nor used a snow shovel or windshield scraper. HEHEHE
Mario G

Post by Mario G »

Hey Bob the furling set up is real nice when you want to adjust the size of the head sail.

My only answer to the limited sail season or skeeters that you suffer from in the south is move aboard and spend winters in the Bahamas in winter and Chesapeake in the summer :lol:
turbo1168
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by turbo1168 »

Living aboard and cruising to the appropriate climate would be wonderful were it not for this pesky thing called work! Dirty four letter word...
Dallasbob
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Dallasbob »

I used to make fun of the Northerners having to end the sailing season . . . but this year our lakes have dried up. I have nothing to say . . .
Bob T . . .
1979 Chrysler 26 "Indecision"
Dallas, Texas / I-45 / Galveston Bay
troyengel

Post by troyengel »

I got out on Cass lake today, had a good time. but its probably the last time for the season, I think my next lake is St Clare, Cass has to many shallow spots, glad I have a swing keel. I'ts going to be time to cover her up, and get ready for the winter. :-(
lecker68

Post by lecker68 »

Unfortunately the season is almost over 2 or 3 weeks and she will have to come home and get put to bed and covered for the winter.
Catch the wind and ride the wave, Have fun
Lyle
1980 C-26 #1100
S/V My Getaway
http://www.flickr.com/photos/34432376@N06/
cs3079
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cs3079 »

Nice to hear from you Bob, I was beginning to become a little concerned, but it sounds like you've been pretty busy. Nice roller furling too! Lemme know how you like it. Some purests prefer hank on, but I'd be flexible for the right price :wink: . I'm hoping for one next year, along with an engine, an interior redo, some fiberglass work, a new rudder cupbearing, a bimini, and.......................... Oh well, come what, come may!... and none of it can cut into my sailing time! Funny, but the first thing I looked for on Al the Pal's "So That's How You Throw A Boat Away " picture was the remnants of a roller furling. HA!, What an incurable cheap@#$ I am!
Bruce
Chry Wndw Shopping/'69 Newport H-20
Poupon Me!
Ray Twp., MI
Pics: http://www.flickr.com/photos/65343255@N06/
Vids: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL60647F9C03EAE28A

I want a boat that drinks 6, eats 4, and sleeps 2.
- Earnest K. Gann