A bitter sweet day . . . .

Here you can discuss Chrysler Sailing across all makes of Chrysler sailboats.
CaptainScott
Site Admin
Site Admin

A bitter sweet day . . . .

Post by CaptainScott »

Well, yesterday was a huge day for my family and I.
Over the weekend my bride and I drove our only daughter off for college. She is the youngest of three.
We spent two full days setting her up, checking out the area, and just spending time together.
Sunday afternoon was tough. My bride and I had to drive away, leaving our daughter who was now in tears, in
her new home. Man that was a very hard thing to do. We made it home very late last night. Today I'm wiped out!

For now, Diane and I will have to sample what "empty nest syndrome" feels like!

All is very well and Taryn has already texted us several times. I expect as soon as she settles in, we'll not likely hear much from her!

Scott
EmergencyExit
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by EmergencyExit »

Been there and done that (twice with daughters), so I know exactly what you mean...

My last girl heads out this coming year, probably up the East Coast..
Capt. Bondo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Capt. Bondo »

Scott;
I think you need to go sailing :wink:
H:)ppy Place
78 Chrysler 22

You can go to a Zen Master or you can go Sailing, either way you end up in about the same place..... a Happy Place
CaptainScott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CaptainScott »

Capt. Bondo wrote:Scott;
I think you need to go sailing :wink:
YES!
Hmm, now, when can I hit the water . . .. .
Traveler
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Traveler »

Scott,

I, too, sent three daughters off to college. The oldest is 41 so it was a while ago. I must have had kids in my teens.... I remember bittersweet feelings after leaving each one of them over the years, and a sort of lonely feeling that nagged at me for a while. But, it goes away as they get older and do good things with their lives. Are your older daughters gone from home as well?

Now, I have grandkids to play with and show good things to and that is lots of fun. I have to say, I am glad I had daughters as there is something special about the relationship.

So, hang in there and think about all the good stuff you have to look forward to. It gets better and better.

Regards, Jeff
Traveler
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Traveler »

Scott,

I just re-read your post, with both eyes open. Rules still apply for sons.

Jeff
hadaveha

Post by hadaveha »

just dont get talked into what I got talked into, My 20 yr old son is starting his second year at MTSU the empty nest was more than my wife could bare, so quess what, we now have a 17 month old girl, I am 41, I should be the one tearing up, I must get this boat finished just to be able to get a nights break here and there.
david

new owner 1979 c22
ABIGAIL
hp18carr
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by hp18carr »

Life indeed is filled with bittersweet moments... our children perhaps the sweetest of them all.

Terrence
Wilmington N.C.
Chrysler 26' 1980
Pandora (for now)
CaptainScott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CaptainScott »

Thank you for the kind words.

Yes, the boys are already out! Somehow it was more tollerable when they moved out. However one of them lives about a mile away and we see him all the time so I guess that helps. The other you ask? He moved to California. This is his business and that is him on the front page!

http://www.TheCollegeTech.com

As far as another child goes? Nope, that is no longer possible! : )

Scott
Bhacurly
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Bhacurly »

Yea, that growing up can be hard sometimes!

Ill send both our cell numbers, just in case and for anything feel free for her to contact us! Also if any sailing withdrawals she may experiance.

And YOU! Thats twice you were over and didnt get in touch... Shame shame shame, but we were in Boise so your kinda off the hook for now.

[/url]
Jmckamey

Post by Jmckamey »

I hear ya Scott. We did the same with our daughter back in April. the house still isn't the same. :(
1977 Chrysler 22
Ground to windward is dearly bought, but easly spent.
CaptainScott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CaptainScott »

Bhacurly wrote:Yea, that growing up can be hard sometimes!

Ill send both our cell numbers, just in case and for anything feel free for her to contact us! Also if any sailing withdrawals she may experiance.

And YOU! Thats twice you were over and didnt get in touch... Shame shame shame, but we were in Boise so your kinda off the hook for now.

[/url]
Thanks Billy I will forward them to Taryn with your very kind offer! I appreciate it!

Yeah, I know about the no contact. I was very aware while we where there but time was not on our side. We found a lot of little things a Dad can not leave for his daughter to deal with and ended up doing a lot of house hold stuff. 7 girls all arriving between last friday and this friday! LOL!

We took out several wasps nests and hung some wasp traps, remounted shelves that were very poorly mounted, added air to my daughters attic bedroom, showed her the breaker panel, etc etc etc.

I do intend on taking you up on that visit though! Haven't seen you or Pam in quite a while!
Scott
Dallasbob
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Dallasbob »

Scott . . . may I re-post your subject word for word in a few days. Our experience with our daughter will be Thursday. Dallas to Joplin. I will be worried more than I probably should. I told her I wanted one last sail with her before then . . . but it can't happen. :cry:
Bob T . . .
1979 Chrysler 26 "Indecision"
Dallas, Texas / I-45 / Galveston Bay
38 special
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by 38 special »

My kids aren't that old yet but I do remember getting a call from my first graders teacher on the first day of school. Aparently he was seen urinating in the bathroom sink. Now he's in 5th grade.
Bhacurly
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Bhacurly »

Wow!

They promoted him for that!?? :P
mcrandall
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by mcrandall »

Ha-ha-ha-haaa!! Perfect!!
Mark
http://s1213.photobucket.com/albums/cc4 ... ew%20C-22/
1975 C-22 currently named Stardust (soon to be "Angela Marie")
CaptainScott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CaptainScott »

retclt wrote:Scott . . . may I re-post your subject word for word in a few days. Our experience with our daughter will be Thursday. Dallas to Joplin. I will be worried more than I probably should. I told her I wanted one last sail with her before then . . . but it can't happen. :cry:
Absolutely!

How did it go? I claimed bug spray got in my eyes! LOL!

We've been empty nesters for a week now. Still isn't right but we'll get there!
Our daughters first real day of school is today! She is nervous!

Scott
Dallasbob
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Dallasbob »

Bob T . . .
1979 Chrysler 26 "Indecision"
Dallas, Texas / I-45 / Galveston Bay
cs3079
Site Admin
Site Admin

...and when they come back....

Post by cs3079 »

Yes, after four years, the boy came back with a degree in marketing from Michigan State. I can't begin to tell you how proud I am of him : ) I thought we'd spend a quiet day on the lake, mano a mano. The days itinerary was a bit of unsought life philosophy (in nautical terms of course), lunch, a couple brewski's and plenty of laughs. I hope he enjoyed it as much as I did. On the other hand, after six hours on the lake with Dad, he may now be directly en route for a masters degree.......YIKES !!!!$$$$$$$$

Here's the vid :lol:

http://youtu.be/qmBGLKpas_w
Bruce
Chry Wndw Shopping/'69 Newport H-20
Poupon Me!
Ray Twp., MI
Pics: http://www.flickr.com/photos/65343255@N06/
Vids: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL60647F9C03EAE28A

I want a boat that drinks 6, eats 4, and sleeps 2.
- Earnest K. Gann
johnjax292
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by johnjax292 »

It is hard at the beginning, but soon she will rather be at school with her friends than home with you. Then after you think she has forgotten you, you get to go to the graduation and see what a great young lady you have as a daughter.

That first weekend alone is hard. But the week of graduation is Great!

Best of luck to your daughter, may see do great things!
John
s/v Gatta Nostra
1977 C22