Chrysler 22 spreader

Here you can discuss Chrysler Sailing across all makes of Chrysler sailboats.
Theswed

Chrysler 22 spreader

Post by Theswed »

How long is a spreader at (on) a Chrysler 22 mast?
Sorry my english is not so good!
Bhacurly
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Bhacurly »

First off, Welcome!

I know a couple folks are doing spreader work now and should be able to answer your question soon.

Please let us know where your from and about your C-22,,, and let me be the first to say you need to post pictures :lol:

Billy
Theswed

Post by Theswed »

I have bought the boat last winter ... and is about to renovate the boat.
The only thing missing is the spreaders to the mast

I'm from Sweden and will sail like an idiot in the Stockholm Archipelago! As soon as I have spreaders!

Tapio
mcrandall
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by mcrandall »

Welcome aboard, Tapio!

Your English is much better than my Swedish! You're doing just fine! Do you know how your boat got over there? Sounds like an interesting story is brewing here!

I'm replacing my spreaders right now, got mine from this place: http://www.dwyermast.com/items.asp?cat1 ... Airfoil%29

Mine are 28 inches, aproximately 71cm from the skin of the mast to the tip of the spreader. I'll be posting pictures soon of my progress.

Good luck! Nice to meet you!

Mark

P.S. Being from Michigan, I'm a big time Red Wing fan! Couple of your countrymen are near and dear to my heart!
Mark
http://s1213.photobucket.com/albums/cc4 ... ew%20C-22/
1975 C-22 currently named Stardust (soon to be "Angela Marie")
Mario G

Post by Mario G »

welcome aboard Tapio

Wow a Chrysler C=22 in Sweden, I to wonder how it got there, but living in Germany a few years and knowing a few of you Swed's I imagine it could have been sailed :lol:
lecker68

Post by lecker68 »

Welcome aboard brother sailor and I am glad each and every one of us is here.
Catch the wind and ride the wave, Have fun
Lyle
1980 C-26 #1100
S/V My Getaway
http://www.flickr.com/photos/34432376@N06/
EmergencyExit
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by EmergencyExit »

I do believe that is a record for distance from the factory. We also have a board member down Peru way if I recall right, although we've not heard from them in many years.
John K

Post by John K »

Yeah, I'm thinking that this boat has a heck of a history behind it. Welcome!
1977 C22: Dog House
Theswed

Post by Theswed »

I promise to tell the story of my boat as soon as I can!

Ps. for those who know anything about hockey, I went to school with Thomas Sandstrom and Ulf Samuelsson in Fagersta Sweden! ;)
Theswed

Post by Theswed »

Are there different mast to C22 ?
EmergencyExit
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by EmergencyExit »

There was a regular length mast, and a longer mast. 28 feet 9 inches before serial 33152 and 26 feet 9 inches after.

If you need a manual go to the front page at
www.chryslersailors.com
click on Documentation
then Chrysler
then 22' Sunpiper
then Manual

Welcome Aboard !
mariner

Re: Chrysler 22 spreader

Post by mariner »

Theswed wrote:How long is a spreader at (on) a Chrysler 22 mast?
Sorry my english is not so good!

see the attached photo, this is from my c22 and what i sent to have remade at dwyer mast.

1976 - C22
"AnneMarie"
Alanhod
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Alanhod »

Theswed, welcome aboard,

Trouble with English, no problem at all. You have a question and a camera to take a photo of the thing in question. I'm thinking you will have an answer very quickly from this group.

Put your question down as best you can and add a photo someone will have the answer. I see you already have an answer to your fist question before I even found your posting. Excellent question!

Also post photos and stories of what you are doing, when you go sailing, anything boating, we want to hear it and see the photo. After all, 1 photo = 1000 words in any language. :D

Thanks
Alan
West Coast of the USA
It's a good life on the
Honu, 1976 C-22
My Chrysler Sailing Photos: http://s1297.beta.photobucket.com/user/ ... ry/Sailing
lecker68

Post by lecker68 »

Thesewd as Mario already said and probably the same with most if us your english is better than our Swedish. a friend of mine has a 1967 Karlskrona-Viggen number 83 so boats have gone both ways.
Catch the wind and ride the wave, Have fun
Lyle
1980 C-26 #1100
S/V My Getaway
http://www.flickr.com/photos/34432376@N06/
nzhub

Chrysler in New Zealand

Post by nzhub »

Hi,

I have recently purchased a C-22 and am looking forward to many new adventures in her. Sorry I do not know any thing about the spreaders, but saw some people were surprised that a C-22 made it to Sweden. Well there is at least 1 in NZ too!
I am going to be building my own Spray-dodger with removable tent fittings. An ambitious and challenging job, but I will post some pics once I get started

Reason why is I will be doing some winter sailing so I figure the wife would be a lot happer with some shelter from the wind on a cold day (not that it gets that cold-by other countries standards).

Keep you posted,

Mark
mcrandall
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by mcrandall »

Well, well, well. If we can just find one over in Sri Lanka or Diego Garcia, we'll just about have the seven seas covered!

Amazing! Welcome aboard to you too, Mark! Wow! Can't wait to hear the stories both yours and Tapio's boats can tell!

And looking forward to some details on that dodger! You'll have some great input for us poor saps where the head water spins clockwise. :wink: Your summer adventures will be welcome reads during those long cold ones for us.

Seeing the Southern Cross is on my Bucket List. Closest I've been to you is Kwajalien Atoll.

Welcome to the group!

Cheers!
Mark
http://s1213.photobucket.com/albums/cc4 ... ew%20C-22/
1975 C-22 currently named Stardust (soon to be "Angela Marie")
Alanhod
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Chrysler in New Zealand

Post by Alanhod »

nzhub wrote:Hi,

I have recently purchased a C-22 and am looking forward to many new adventures in her. Sorry I do not know any thing about the spreaders, but saw some people were surprised that a C-22 made it to Sweden. Well there is at least 1 in NZ too!
I am going to be building my own Spray-dodger with removable tent fittings. An ambitious and challenging job, but I will post some pics once I get started

Reason why is I will be doing some winter sailing so I figure the wife would be a lot happer with some shelter from the wind on a cold day (not that it gets that cold-by other countries standards).

Keep you posted,

Mark
Ahoy Mark, welcome aboard!

You almost snuck by me saying howdy mid thread like that. Very happy to here you have one of these little gems. Please send lots of questions, stories and photos. We love them.

Thanks
Alan
It's a good life on the
Honu, 1976 C-22
My Chrysler Sailing Photos: http://s1297.beta.photobucket.com/user/ ... ry/Sailing
icanbuildthat5

how did it turn out?

Post by icanbuildthat5 »

How did all of your spreader projects turn out?
I'm just starting to replace mine now.
Tips?